Board Logo

my new kombi
soulsurfer - June 21st, 2004 at 08:49 PM

well i have taken the plunge and stopped looking and finally bought a 70 deluxe 9 seater!! it needs alot of work on the body...and will probably cost alot of money...so while i was driving her from sydney to kingscliff, mostly with the music down so i could listen to engine, she purred the entire way(1600 twin port rebuilt by wolfsburg...good job guys!)...i decided to name her Ivanah after Donald Trump's exwife, as i reckon she will be high maintnance, and will have some serious plastic surgery before she is looking fine!!!! But i love her. I didnt see many fellow veedubbers on the road this weekend but a few gave me a wave, and man did that feel good!!! Havent had a vw in years, forgot how stressfull people get on the highway when youre slowly climbing hills!!
I have tried to post pics but they are all too big i will have to try and take some more and compress them to get them smaller i guess. just the best weekend i have had in ages driving up the coast!!!:beer:beer:beer

matara - June 21st, 2004 at 09:10 PM

Welcome to the fold Matt and sounds like you got yourself a real purrer! I find driving flat out at 55mph much less stressful as you dont have to worry too much about overtaking! Gives you more time to take in the scenery and enjoy your trip!

Good luck with ol Ivanka

Cheers

Steve

soulsurfer - June 21st, 2004 at 09:22 PM

steve, thanks man, i sent you a u2u with my adress let me know if you didnt get it. i cant tell you how happy i am guys, the world just seems like a different place sitting high up arms wrapped around that big stearing wheel!! hopefully will get these pics sorted out!!!

soulsurfer - June 21st, 2004 at 10:50 PM

try this shutterfly link of the new baby
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBN27Vo0YtnCq 
be kind to her!!

ByronBug - June 21st, 2004 at 10:55 PM

:sandrine
Finally....great to hear you finally bought one.
We now will definately have to catch up.
A few of us are going to the drive in at Yatala on Saturday night you are most welcome to come along if your free.
Judy;)

ByronBug - June 21st, 2004 at 10:56 PM

:sandrine
Finally....great to hear you finally bought one.
We now will definately have to catch up.
A few of us are going to the drive in at Yatala on Saturday night you are most welcome to come along if your free.
Judy;)

splittychick - June 21st, 2004 at 11:03 PM

Looks cool....its actually almost identical to my first kombi,same year,same colour.......you can tell you're in love already.What a great feeling....Happy kruising.;)

jenz58 - June 21st, 2004 at 11:11 PM

It looks a beauty...nice pics!!! Have fun in it :)

soulsurfer - June 21st, 2004 at 11:22 PM

judy yeah i know i was about to loose my mind, interested in the drive in need more details please u2u, i also need your phone # etc, looking forward to catching up soon!!

lobus - June 22nd, 2004 at 01:50 PM

We can't have a sweeet fat chick sittin all alone on some other webpage...

ducky - June 22nd, 2004 at 05:49 PM

nice

Robo - June 22nd, 2004 at 06:00 PM

Hey cool
Glad you finally got one, and she looks pretty straight too! great base for a resto.
Can't wait to see her in the flesh!
Rob....:cool:

type_one - June 22nd, 2004 at 07:36 PM

Man loving that front middle seat. If you ever get rid of the seat for some insane reason I would love to be first in line. Great buy

aircooled70 - June 24th, 2004 at 08:39 PM

sweeeeeeet.....

kroozzn63 - June 24th, 2004 at 08:53 PM

just checked out the photos, thats one cool bus and so loverly and original ,
a warm rat