Board Logo

ANZ ad for car loans
blutopless2 - July 27th, 2004 at 08:17 AM

this is an add that will appear for ANZ for car loans.
on the left is mscabrios nb (colour has been altered :puke) and dont know whos beetle is on the right.

ikube - July 27th, 2004 at 07:34 PM

interesting ~!

paulgrey - July 27th, 2004 at 08:07 PM

Throw $25,000 at the blue beetle and it will be the bomb. throw $25,000 into the yellow bettle and you would be a dumb arse.

cray - July 27th, 2004 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paulgrey
Throw $25,000 at the blue beetle and it will be the bomb. throw $25,000 into the yellow bettle and you would be a dumb arse.

couldn't have said it better myself

MikeM - July 27th, 2004 at 09:38 PM

Throw $25,000 at the blue beetle and it would be awesome.

Throw $25,000 at the yellow beetle and you wouldn't even own it!

In fact you'd still owe $25,000!

Stupid ad.

$2.63 homebrand baja - July 27th, 2004 at 10:18 PM

$25 000, would fix up my baja, buy a kombi and leave enough for a short holiday in one of the two..... buy the first and thats it.....

whoever does own the white one should take a look at back, seems to be a wire hanging down...lol ;)

andrewh - July 27th, 2004 at 10:56 PM

The colour alteration job on the New Beetle isn't too hot. You can tell that it isn't meant to be yellow.

What difference would $25000 make to my saving dreams? I could start having them.

blutopless2 - July 28th, 2004 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewh
The colour alteration job on the New Beetle isn't too hot. You can tell that it isn't meant to be yellow. [quote/]

i agree.. have just had a good look at it and it appears they have even coloured in the indicators on the back of the mirrors...... :(

and as for putting 25grand into the yellow one and being a dumb arse???? well... each to their own...

BenettonVW - July 28th, 2004 at 09:40 PM

Absolutely each to their own.. Quick to jump into the New Beetle/ Original Beetle debate around here.. :cussing

Why the colour change full stop?? And isn't the 'blue' one white?

Che Castro - July 29th, 2004 at 01:38 PM

hehe each to their own. I just guess the ad implies the new is better than old, which I dont agree with :)

blutopless2 - August 3rd, 2004 at 07:31 PM

man.... as usual most of you people miss the point..... and jim, yes the car on the right is white not blue... i believe the ad is meant to point out that with an additional $25000 you could get the new beetle ( and not necessarily a brand new one) rather than the old... it is not insinuating that the newer one is better than the older... and i dont really give a rats arse whether others agree with that theory or not... i posted this just to show the damn ad.. so SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE BY POSTING THE AD.... all i was trying to do was highlight that our car was used.... so thousand apologies to those who this ad offends... but christ sake there is an old one there too... so its not like they just had a rusty shit heap in comparison.

i apologise again and again and again...

is the sarcasm coming through yet....

blutopless2 - August 3rd, 2004 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by paulgrey

Well then, this must make me a DUMB ARSE ...... This is actually my car (my car was used for this ad and photo shopped), so thanks very much for insulting me. This forum is supposed to be about sharing information not insulting others ! I bet that you probably don't even have a car ..... and BTW for $25,000 you wouldn't even lown half the car !

and to clarify matters ..... at the end of the day, spend $25,000 on a beetle and you would never recover your money whereas spend that on a new beetle and you woulde get your money back !

nbturbo - August 3rd, 2004 at 08:46 PM

mscabrio-here we go again-you can never win with fuckwits.Well done to score that gig.Shame they had to alter the colour. You can't be too much of a dumb arse-you can at least afford a New Beetle.Some of the dreamers may be able to one day.

blutopless2 - August 4th, 2004 at 06:28 PM

yeah i agree..... for some reason this just really pissed me off and i had to reply

Robo - August 4th, 2004 at 06:37 PM

I don't know why PPL keep bagging the new Beetles, they are still a VW. OK so they have their faults big deal, so dose every other car ever made. personally I like aircooled but I always respect others choises, and they have to be better than buying another brand.
Rob...:cool:

Y2K - August 4th, 2004 at 06:40 PM

Yeah this debate is never ending according to the dickheads that dont except us.

Ps . Congratulations to you, on your car being picked to do the advertisement.:kiss

Robo - August 4th, 2004 at 06:54 PM

Onya Y2K
Hayley still wants your black Dub!
Rob...:cool:

Stanley - August 4th, 2004 at 07:24 PM

Their all vdubs to me....man i've got a beetle and a type3

byronbus - August 5th, 2004 at 11:58 AM

I want a newish transporter so that i can tow my aircooled vws around...and pick up projects...and aircon...need a big shed 1st though...want want want

lobus - August 5th, 2004 at 12:05 PM

I'm doin great with my pair...I love em