Board Logo

from this to this
kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:23 PM

hey
well been a long coupla weeks but finally a fresh lick of paint the orange is nearly a safety orange (pics dont do it justice) so i can be found if lost :P
i am lowering it and a set oif mags to come but this is it know
chers
rhys

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:23 PM

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:24 PM

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:24 PM

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:25 PM

koolkarmakombi - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:27 PM

I wear my sunglasses at night.........

looks sweet!

kkk

Lams - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:33 PM

looking good!

how did you respray it? did you respray the top half white as well?

i looveee orange :)

wacked1 - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:50 PM

lookin sweeet as should look even better when it's lowered
cheers
ron

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 05:06 PM

hey
yer the top half was resprayed white!!! 6yer it turned out quite well considering this was my first paint job on a kombi!!!
cant wait to be driving it again!
cheers
rhys

Lams - September 22nd, 2004 at 05:33 PM

wow you painted this yourself? you didn't just do it in the garage did you?

my beetle would need a respray sooner or later. it has 3 coats of paint right now, I only want one. I would love to go for 2 tone, possibly white on navy blue

orange would look nice too :)

pete wood - September 22nd, 2004 at 05:39 PM

great job, congrats:thumb

warb - September 22nd, 2004 at 06:58 PM

looks good... so you got the beam ok?..

kombi_kid - September 22nd, 2004 at 10:47 PM

hey
yer painted it with 2 pac in the garage had breathing shit so no worries but yer shes a backyard job!!
come up better then expected!!!
thanks heaps for stuffing around and going out of your way ryan muchly appreciated!!! my uncle is bringing the beam down this weekend !!!
thanks for your comments all!
cheers
rhys

david - September 22nd, 2004 at 10:51 PM

Lams - September 23rd, 2004 at 01:17 AM

if you have too much time one day... you are more than welcome to fly up here and give me a hand with mine!

vanderaj - September 23rd, 2004 at 01:52 AM

Awesome.

Andrew

david - September 23rd, 2004 at 10:07 AM

baybuscamperkid - September 23rd, 2004 at 10:55 AM

hey Rhys! what colour is that? i am planning on doing mine 2-tone, was thinking GM Chevvy bright orange (like you see on hte hotrods) but your colour looks pretty mad as well. is the top pure white or tinted?

kombi_kid - September 23rd, 2004 at 11:19 AM

hey
i used paints my dad uses on the bottom of boats the manufacturer is Altec (industrial paints) so with this i had a limited choice of colours i chose a colour they call trinidad (will get correct speeling when i get home) and as they are industrial paints every time they mix a batch it can differ a little.
i used pure white for the top was gonna use a white with a greyish tint in it but thought just pure white will do!
i wanted it to be factory colour "marine gulb" but this is the only real orange i could find!!
its a great colour to cause it looks bright in the dark and dullish in the bright!
cheers
rhys

Lams - September 23rd, 2004 at 11:42 AM

did you sand the old paint off, or you just painted over it?

dodge - September 23rd, 2004 at 12:31 PM

omg, how did you know orange is my favourite colour? you better watch out, i might just steal that ;)
that is be-ewe-diful!!!

[Edited on 23-9-2004 by dodge]

VWFREAK - September 23rd, 2004 at 12:47 PM

Top job champ, I know how much mucking around is involved with spraying a kombi, the roof is a real bitch to do. Graet job, cant wait to see the end result.:beer

kombi_kid - September 23rd, 2004 at 04:24 PM

hey
yer sanded it down using 120grit sand paper which took most off anyways!!! got most lights on know put the windows in tonight hopefully :D:D
then just mags and lowered
cheers
rhys

pyr0 - September 23rd, 2004 at 04:26 PM

bus is looking sweet as mate :)

do you have the slidey windows for it ?? even if you dont you might be able to help me....how do i take em out ?? :duh and obviously putting em in is the opposite but yeha i dont know how to do either :(

kombi_kid - September 23rd, 2004 at 06:36 PM

i do have them and will be putting them in tomorrow!?!?!? they use the same window rubber as the rear window??? but yer should have the same principle as pulling out other windows???
never done it before but
cheers
rhys

REDKG - September 23rd, 2004 at 06:41 PM

looking great. (almost as good as the fasty). Got your beam packed in .

kombi_kid - September 23rd, 2004 at 06:47 PM

sweet as!! when u arrive?
cheers
rhys

Desert Bug - September 30th, 2004 at 11:24 PM

G'day Rhys,
Bus is looking great, love the colour, you've done a great job on it, looking forward to seeing the finished product. What sort of mags are you putting on. You getting rid of the Ford rims?
Cheers, Ian.

62deluxe - October 1st, 2004 at 01:28 AM

Nice bus matey. How cool to be able to paint your own bus.
Can't wait to see the finished machine:cool:

Mr Bubble Head - October 2nd, 2004 at 12:57 AM

I love this colour sheam for a kombi, I used to see heaps in this colour in England as a kid but many got resprayed over the years as the orange was too "retro" now retro rocks.
Was thinking of it for my 78 but have settled for another colour for now.

Keep up the good work!!!

nIck