Board Logo

'70 Fastback
tourer TL - March 28th, 2006 at 06:42 PM

Hey guy’s
Here’s my ’70 fastback finally!
Ive had it about 4 months now and am absolutely loving it. Starts everytime and is incredibly reliable. Its really nice to drive too.
Those of you who attended the Volksy show down at Glenelg a couple of weeks may remember it.I picked up some new bars at the show and now it looks so much better.
Its very original, and I intend to keep it this way. I do plan to put some nice 3 / 4” white walls on (probably happening next month) and touch up the paint in a few places. The exterior is really good, the interior needs a bit of care but with some new carpets, roof lining and a new drivers seat it will be fine.
If anyone has any parts they think I might be interested in or any recommendations, that would be great.
Please leave comments, love the feedback.
Cheers
Matt

boristherat - March 28th, 2006 at 06:48 PM

Matt,
Pics look great and so do those bumpers. Ive said it once, I'll say it again.......top car!
Looking forward to catching up for the next cruise.
Darren

Dougie - March 28th, 2006 at 09:03 PM

G'day Bowlin, love the car buddy

tourer TL - March 29th, 2006 at 04:00 PM

Cheers blokes.
Got a couple of mates who have offered to help me lower it. I cant decide whether to do it or not. I want it fairly original, but i know it would look really nice a bit lower.
What does everyone reckon?
Cheers
Matt

pete wood - March 29th, 2006 at 06:16 PM

dump it on whitewalls and prepare to be cool :yes:

try here...
http://www.typethreedetectives.com/ 

like this.

[ Edited on 29-3-2006 by pete wood ]

tourer TL - March 29th, 2006 at 07:19 PM

Haha thanks mate.
Don't worry, ive given the old type 3 selecta a work out. Always keen to have a look what things would suit it.
Cheers

tourer TL - April 21st, 2006 at 07:01 PM

Hey fellow 'dubbers
Just updating my page.
It's my bday today. I got new tyres and a set of eye-lids for the t3. Lookin' shmick!
White walls definetely sometime next week, along with a tune from GHR.
Well guy, post a comment and let me know what ya think.

weapon - April 21st, 2006 at 07:35 PM

tourer looking good. i reckon you should drop her(not silly low but maybe an inch). thats my two bobs worth anyway. rob.

steve-89 - April 23rd, 2006 at 10:40 PM

go three at the front and three at the back like mine.

tourer TL - April 23rd, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Ahh the peer pressure haha. Everyone wants me to lower it.I just don't want to snap another exhaust off as the rear suspensions already sagged a bit. It sure is tempting though!
Matt

Andy - April 24th, 2006 at 08:13 AM

Great looking car matt, type 3's are real nice to drive too as I'm sure you know.

Just to throw 2 cents the other way, I love the ride quality of a stock type 3, lowering, stiffer shocks etc do give you a harder ride.
It comes down to personal preference though and what you do with the car, as I spend much more time behind the wheel than looking at it, and use it for transport not as a week end mobile, I much prefer a stock ride.

Either way is good though as long as you enjoy it!

Cheers,
:thumb

bus914 - April 24th, 2006 at 09:56 AM

nice, love the colour.

tourer TL - April 24th, 2006 at 04:45 PM

Thanks for the replies
Good to see some kombi drivers like the type 3's too!
Yer, still unsure about lowering, i wont be lowering it much if i do.
Today got some indcator lenses, along with some touch ups for the interior off a mate who had a wreck. She's coming along.
Cheers
Matt

shaginwagin - April 25th, 2006 at 09:05 PM

I have mine lowered 2 splines at the front with the rear lowered to match.

With 145 tyres on the front there's no rubbing, but with 165's on the front it will scrub on full lock. If you car is a daily driver, I wouldn't recommend going any lower than 2 notches ( kind of a moot point as depends on how far your supsension has settled over the years)

Also be prepared to chew out the rear tyres faster and have the occasonal "bottom out" experience !

Cheers

65busser - April 25th, 2006 at 10:56 PM

A bit lower. Looks sweet as is, but a bit lower will give it some edge. Can always reverse it if you don't like it.

tourer TL - April 26th, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback blokes.
Keep 'em coming.
'shaginwagin', the rear suspension has sagged a bit. I already have to be careful around steep driveways etc. I had to replace my quiet pack (not so quiet) and my tailpipe as the tailpipe snapped while entering a local foodland carpark. I couldn't believe it. I did have a couple in the back though and i did enter slowly, really.
So yeah, thats making me doubtful, but wouldn't mind dropping the front a bit.
Cheers
Matt

steve-89 - May 1st, 2006 at 09:23 PM

yeah, if you lower it and its a daily, the, its better not to go to low, low cars are ok if you aint driving them everyday. with my notch i decided to put harnaces in the front which go over to the back seat so i can only have one passenger so the back dont drop even more. but that just wont be good for you.

awesome car and keep workin on it and it will get there.

cheers steve.

boristherat - May 1st, 2006 at 09:56 PM

Hey Matt,
Hope to see you and the fasty out this Sunday for the Ratzenmore cruise.
Boris won't be there unfortunately because he is a bit crook at the moment. I will still be there but not in the preferred mode of transport.
Looking forward to catching up.

kroozzn63 - May 1st, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Matt its fn awesome love the colour ,glad your staying semi original but a big YES to lower and love 3/4 whitewalls maybe a checked interior for that hotrod look yeah shes a ripper "dont ever change that cour"

boristherat - May 1st, 2006 at 10:08 PM

Matt, I agree with Kroozzn, that colour is awesome, even better in the flesh.
Just like a chocolate milkshake..... only cooler!

62deluxe - May 1st, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Go on lower the front a little. It's free and easy to do.

type3kid - May 2nd, 2006 at 12:47 AM

my notch is on the deck as low as he'll go and it's a pain in the ass!! he's going up a wee bit during resto. plus it kills the tires. as for yours, leave it stockies. as said befor they are beautiful to drive and if you are keen on it being original then leave it in the air up there. there's my 2 cents.
as for the colour, bloody sensational.

tourer TL - May 3rd, 2006 at 04:26 PM

Thanks people,
It is strongly recommended to do 400k's on new tyres before you get the walls inserted. Im driving it like mad to rack up the k's. They'll be on soon.
Cheers
Matt

boristherat - May 7th, 2006 at 07:52 PM

Great to see ya today Matt. Pity the weather was not on our side.
Car looks great, catch ya soon!

tourer TL - January 24th, 2007 at 12:59 PM

It's been a while, but here are afew updated pics.
I'm stoked with the white walls, really gave it a lift.

Octa - January 24th, 2007 at 01:28 PM

where? :spin: