Board Logo

My rotary baja ( moving from mild to wild )
THUDKNUCKLE - January 13th, 2007 at 01:18 PM

as most of you know i have not all that long ago completed the injected / ported 13b engine conversion into my project baja bug .. at that point in time it was a road goin baja but atm it is changing into a more wild offroader having seen some offroad action through the bush , firetracks, abeach runs ect ect

the new major improvments are the 31 mudders all round sitting on black 15 vw stud pattern hotwires ( rare i belive to find) 6 rib kombi transaxle after goin through a few single side plate boxes with the rotary behind them ..

and soon to make an appearance is a 181 front end and 50mm lift kit ( once i have time to install them )

Volkswagenboy - January 13th, 2007 at 01:27 PM

And a 20B TT and a NOS kit...
Nah just joking, can't wait to see it lifted some more.
Don't forget progress pictures!
-Staggers.

THUDKNUCKLE - January 13th, 2007 at 06:41 PM

hmm i cant seem to post any pics of how it looks with the 31 mudders and new rims ,, they are on my website under mortenisland baja pics if anyone wants a squizz

i also have a bunch of pics from the 6 rib kombi box upgrade procedure which i am about to upload

MickH - January 13th, 2007 at 07:58 PM

[ Edited on 13-1-07 by Mick H ]

[ Edited on 13-1-07 by Mick H ]

Joel - January 13th, 2007 at 09:33 PM

i forget what those rims are called but theyre not hotwires
they look very similar and are made by ROH too but theres some noticeable differences
i had a set of those on my celica
think it may be called delta
ROH never made hotwires any bigger than 14"
they came in 12, 13 and 14"
u can get 15" globes tho

she;s really starting to look the goods tho

-Joel

THUDKNUCKLE - January 14th, 2007 at 02:07 PM

oh ok that is interesting to know i just assumed they were hotwires as they look kinda similar and i found them on an old vw in a scarp yard :) ( baragin they were old and coated in a gold but with powder caot of black they came of great for a very small cost )

i just need to install my other goodies and she'll be a real looker ,, i did however crunch one of the gaurds in on an offroad trip this weekend but i am already in the prosess of glassing it back up ready for some paint ( any body know any good painters to paint a single gaurd i have the paint ready to roll ??