Board Logo

my old rat oval
vwsteve - July 18th, 2008 at 07:39 AM

thought people may want to see pics of 1 of my old ovals, this was sitting for over 10 yrs when i got it, the engine was seized, it had 60,s panels on it but it was still in ok cond.I filled the engine with deisel and let it soak for a few weeks, then drained it and freed it up with a spanner.I put the correct panels back on it, touched it up with faded acrylic paint, slammed it, shoved a type 3 long axle box and brakes on, a few accessories and it fired up and drove like a beauty for ages, i really miss this car.

Rural Baja - July 18th, 2008 at 07:23 PM

Where did she end up Rexy?

vwsteve - July 18th, 2008 at 07:28 PM

someone bought it off me when i was driving it around,i heard from someone else he blew the motor up, dont know what he did to do that because i drove it everywhere without a problem,last i heard he stripped it, sandblasted it and started to restore it, thats all i know

Rural Baja - July 18th, 2008 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rexy
someone bought it off me when i was driving it around,i heard from someone else he blew the motor up, dont know what he did to do that because i drove it everywhere without a problem,last i heard he stripped it, sandblasted it and started to restore it, thats all i know

Hope she was restore, today its a crime to paint over surface rust :lol: