28mm rear torsion bars
re packed front leaves
whiteline sway bars all round
prob yellow koni's
300mm vented all round
4 spot calipers all round
10 point tagged in cds cage
and remove all the fat except for the driver
cant post any photos as of yet better learn how tried but they dont want to appear.

mactaylor - August 9th, 2008 at 08:00 AM

more photos callipers a little bit bigger than standard hey!

trickysimon - August 9th, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Nice! Would love to pop round and have a stickybeak next time im in Albury.
Simon

westi - August 9th, 2008 at 10:57 AM

this should be a good one to watch,lots of good parts going in.can't wait to see it in action.
what kind of time frame you looking at.

JVLRacing - August 9th, 2008 at 01:46 PM

eating popcorn:cool:

mactaylor - August 9th, 2008 at 04:11 PM

simon bring beer and your always welcome, good beer fridge, always pack a swag. Westi, Ive been tring to control what i spend but i cant help myself so the build should go pretty quick, hopefully on the track end of the year for the open track days down here at winton. cant decide what tyres to go with either, 17" R spec or 18" full slicks got a few sets of both but dunno which way yet, spose it depends on how much HP i end up with.

bond - August 9th, 2008 at 05:31 PM

if those are genuine robri fender gaurds and not repro's and you're wanting to sell them let me know.

nick

greenbug70 - August 9th, 2008 at 10:33 PM

must be bloody cold in that shed at night in albury

mactaylor - August 10th, 2008 at 07:29 AM

yeah cold isnt the word for it but dont work at night anyway, too cold too drunk and the neighbors might wana come over and see what all the noise is and drink all my beer. was sposed to snow down to 600m yesterday but that never happend.

OZ Towdster - August 10th, 2008 at 07:51 AM

You and Buggy Brad need to get together as he is building a similar car except he's only useing a EJ22 and not having big brakes or a cage , but you would still do well to keep in contact with each other re radiator mounting and the such

Special Air Service - August 10th, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
if those are genuine robri fender gaurds and not repro's and you're wanting to sell them let me know.

nick

If there not genuine & you still want to sell them let me know.

Cheers
Brendan

Brad - August 10th, 2008 at 12:04 PM

must be a colour thing.

http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/albums/BradBeetle/DSCN0511.sized.jpg

Mine is going to be nothing comapred to the specs on this one, besides I am adding fat to mine.

mactaylor - August 10th, 2008 at 12:15 PM

gday brad yeah it must be a color thing! what rad r u using? for the others who are asking about the stone guards Ill have a look tday and post what they are.

mactaylor - August 10th, 2008 at 07:12 PM

those stone guards are cast ally by flat 4 if anyone is interested.

Brad - August 10th, 2008 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mactaylor
gday brad yeah it must be a color thing! what rad r u using? for the others who are asking about the stone guards Ill have a look tday and post what they are.

I am using the factory liberty radiator and fans and over flow bottle.

Mine is a 75 though so I have R & P Steering and a lot more room up front than the 76 BJ.

mactaylor - September 3rd, 2008 at 06:20 PM

did some more waiting for my mate to bend up my cage its amazing how slow people work when your not paying them!!! find the mod.

byronmcmanus59 - September 3rd, 2008 at 07:00 PM

photos too small!

:(

Tim Andrews - September 3rd, 2008 at 08:49 PM

raised the beam

mactaylor - September 20th, 2008 at 08:52 PM

all right things have changed cant get the bj front end to not have bump steer and ackerman angles that work and canttune either ends to have increasing camber this has brought about a change in design thanx too a few drunk clowns post sum pics early next week.

westi - September 21st, 2008 at 05:50 PM

were's the pic's man.
we all pitched in and said yeh we will be watching this as it develops.
were's the damn pic's.ha

VWCOOL - September 22nd, 2008 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mactaylor
all right things have changed cant get the bj front end to not have bump steer and ackerman angles that work and canttune either ends to have increasing camber this has brought about a change in design thanx too a few drunk clowns post sum pics early next week.

You can... but it might be easier to use a strut car instead... and don't lower it too far

Cam - September 23rd, 2008 at 02:41 PM

Looking good, Mac. Are you still planning to run the beam front end and just higher, or is this the start of something more hardcore?

mactaylor - September 24th, 2008 at 08:13 AM

yeah gunna get more expensive but got some great mates on board who dont mind sharing there talents goin to his work shop this morning so might get to take some pics hopefully if he lets me, very protective these race engineers.

mactaylor - September 25th, 2008 at 06:29 AM

dont you just hate when you get home work!

mactaylor - September 25th, 2008 at 06:53 AM

orderd my front suspension arms yesterday, all go should be done in a week, they come with a certificate of compliance so may be able to git it registerd in vic, saying that it wasnt my aim to have a road car but would be great to do some tarmac rallies also am going to TRY to use some carbon EVA sandwich panel in a few spots its cheap and strong and light. Rear arm are becoming a problem still havnt found a carrier suitable, everything ive seen is to complex so if anyone has a bright idea please let me know was gong to use kombi stubs but they are very wide in the bearing area also looked at r33 300zx stuf but is very heavy let us know your thoughts, might just fab some up out of 4140.

VWCOOL - September 25th, 2008 at 09:45 AM

err, I hope you're not using that design, with offset etc like that it's going to be HORRIBLE under brakes...

mactaylor - September 26th, 2008 at 10:33 AM

that is just measurements that I need to supply to set the roll centre where it should be. anti dive is also being sorted. I thought i knew a fair bit about suspension from years of pit crewing for a sportsedan team but just goes to show you never stop learning. the computer program that is being used is unreal you can view every angle rotate 3d and animate its very impresive but its really expensive a cheaper version is by bevan d young i think its called SUSPROG sounds rude doesnt it