Board Logo

T3 Kombi
VeeDub - November 7th, 2008 at 05:09 PM

Hi all.

Here is some pics of my dub.

I am planning on installing a ej22 subaru engine soon and respraying the van. I will keep the same colour's but ill probably go with a slight mettalic.

I am also going to redo the interior with a slide out bbq in the back and a tent unit which will fold out when the sliding door is open.

Please let me know what you think :cool:

Veedub.

Transparu - November 7th, 2008 at 07:44 PM

With such a great paint job, I'd give that a miss I reckon. The paint job on T3s was very good.

FWIW

Dave

Lord Kaeferchen - November 8th, 2008 at 12:40 AM

don't go metallic.... make it flat!

pete wood - November 8th, 2008 at 08:29 AM

go the subaru, you won't know yourself afterwards. ;)

VeeDub - November 8th, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for all the sugestions.

The reason for respraying is that the paint on the roof has gone chalky and some of the undercoat has started to shine through in sections. After seeing your comments I will skip the mettalic and just go with the flat colour :D

I think the people I got the van off still have the tent unit for the side so I will see if they will sell it to me.

VeeDub

pod - November 8th, 2008 at 10:47 AM

just have the roof repainted if the rest is ok ,as it will save you $$$ for other things like lowering:tu:

Bizarre - November 8th, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Nice

I use to have one of these
Now have a water cooled one

Are you going to put the radiator up front or underneath like you would on a bay??

Is it auto or manual??

If you are going metalic think about the new Mazda colours
They are very similar to what you have and the flake is very subtle

VeeDub - November 8th, 2008 at 04:07 PM

Hi Bizzare,

It is a manual and I am going to put the radiator up front. Another member of this forum, Transparu, has given me heaps of tips and info of how to set it up. :D

Thanks for the info on the paint. Ill take a look. Do you know a supplier in Australia that can sell like 5L tins of the paint instead of just in spray cans?

Thanks again,
VeeDub