Board Logo

my 68 notch
nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 08:35 PM

Bought my first vee dub, a 68 notch. Not a bad car but goin to be lots of work, don't know much about vw's but learning as I go. It has a fair bit of rust in the passengers rear quater, both A pillar's, drivers side floorpan is totaly stuffed and passengers not to healthy as well. Both doors are pretty much gone along the bottom as well as in the footwells near the heater vents.

Paulc1964au - April 26th, 2010 at 08:41 PM

Welcome to the forums i'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment from your notch,

what are your plans for it?

ryana89 - April 26th, 2010 at 08:42 PM

WELCOME to the forums and VW community:tu:

Whats your plans for this notch?
Where abouts do you live?
Post some more pics up when you can

Cheers

nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 08:44 PM

am not really sure at the moment. I want to go to valla and a few other vw shows and get some ideas as well as tips. Am thinking of a kind of original look outside with custom interior, engine, brakes and perhaps bigger wheels with whitewalls. Have already lowered it at the front I think two splines and the rear is next.

nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 08:47 PM

I live in NSW near sydney, being new i am not really sure how to post more pics but will do once I learn how.

nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 08:51 PM

anyone know where to get floor pans for my notch. I have rung cvd and was quoted $380 for kg ones (not sure if that was for a pair or whether they fit without modification) also if anyone has two doors preferrably without rust.

cam070 - April 26th, 2010 at 08:54 PM

Welcome to the forum. Great to hesar more Sydney siders getting into VW's.

Good luck with the rust, but other plans sound promising.

nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 08:58 PM

more pics of my notch as it was bought.

Scarab - April 26th, 2010 at 09:30 PM

Hey there...nice pick up! Pretty sure I saw this one on Ebay recently.

Im also pretty sure the price you were quoted for pans would be for a single side of the floor pan....not a pair unfortunately.

My Notch also needs new pans....should be happening fairly soon hopefully, but I have also heard that the KG pans need to be modified for fitment.

Klassicfab is releasing Type 3 pans very soon (in the next couple of weeks type of soon) according to The Samba website.

I have emailed the Aussie distributor on costs etc. for these and hope to hear from them this week with some answers. I will let you know when I find out if you like.

Cheers,

Scarab (aka: Paul)

nsuwift - April 26th, 2010 at 09:50 PM

Yeah it was on ebay had been looking for ages but could only find out of my price range or interstate then this came along. I t would be great if you could let me know any info that you find out was told by a fella before I bought the car that you could get floorpans for $140 a side. So was quite shocked when found out the price for them.

Scarab - April 27th, 2010 at 03:34 PM

If I could get em for $140 a side I would have bought 'em months ago!! :lol:

I had a reply about the Klassicfab ones and the distributor is looking into bringing some back from the US is June....

....don't have a price yet though....will let you know when I hear more.

They new pressings of the floor pans look exceptional!!...check out at the bottom of this page:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212959&start=280&sid...

Scarab (aka: Paul)