Board Logo

update to turbo
Uncle Craig - April 14th, 2011 at 03:16 PM

been a while since I updated this. I have all the bits now for the turbo and have done a back yard bake on the headers. Had to maintain 180 degrees for 1 hr to bake hard. And boy is it hard. Turned out fantastic, hard, shinny, couldn't ask for a better finish. Have all the oil lines and Turbo on the way. Think I am going to thermo wrap headers and turbo exhaust hood to stop cooking the paint.

opps! thought I was adding to my previous thread. Not sure what I did. never mind.

craig

DieSchnelleKafer - April 14th, 2011 at 11:29 PM

wow that there is a peice off work!

ttriebler - April 15th, 2011 at 07:48 AM

Using a hooed BBQ - genius! The mrs can't stop us from using them like she can the oven.

Ollie - April 15th, 2011 at 08:27 AM

Haha, "Honey! The headers are done!"

airhead - May 5th, 2011 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Craig
been a while since I updated this. I have all the bits now for the turbo and have done a back yard bake on the headers. Had to maintain 180 degrees for 1 hr to bake hard. And boy is it hard. Turned out fantastic, hard, shinny, couldn't ask for a better finish. Have all the oil lines and Turbo on the way. Think I am going to thermo wrap headers and turbo exhaust hood to stop cooking the paint.

opps! thought I was adding to my previous thread. Not sure what I did. never mind.

craig

what is the brand of aluminuim paint you are using.
looking good

zayus - May 6th, 2011 at 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OMClarke
Haha, "Honey! The headers are done!"

LOL :lol: