Board Logo

'56 Oval
Menangler - August 8th, 2012 at 07:18 PM

I added a new car to my collection yesterday.

It is a '56 Beetle that was restored in the mid 80's by Monty Love, I bought it from one of our local Club members who bought it off Monty around 8 years ago, it has had little use and spent most of the last 8 years under a blanket in his garage, with the occasional trip down the coast.

The car is still in good order considering it was restored 25 ish years ago, it still drives like a new car.

I would like to know if anyone remembers this car and what year it was restored, it was at the '87 Valla show, it still has a sticker on it.

Bob down - August 8th, 2012 at 08:44 PM

Beautiful car ! Congrats

beetleboyjeff - August 8th, 2012 at 08:47 PM

Damn nice oval. I remember Monty did a very fastidious job on it and looked after it very well.

Interestingly, I called in to a mechanic's workshop in Inverell today, and there was an oval this colour parked there - I thought it may have been this car, but it was a 55, and has been in Inverell for donkeys years.

They say things come it 3s - on my way back from Valla, I called into the Frederickton ice cream shop, and Margaret Love (Monty's widow) was in there. I hadn't seen her to talk to since before Monty passed away, so it was good to have a yarn. She had just sold Monty's Golf on Saturday, and had been at Valla on Sunday (I had seen her in the distance, but didn't get a chance to catch up there).

Pumba - August 8th, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Dave i will call around,i need a few parts for my oval, you are wrecking it out ??? :smilegrin:

cam070 - August 8th, 2012 at 11:53 PM

That looks like the resto was completed yesterday.
Must be a credit to Monte and the quality fo his work.

vw54 - August 9th, 2012 at 06:04 AM

in good hands now

Menangler - August 9th, 2012 at 08:33 PM

Thanks guys, it is a credit to Monty, he restored it well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumba
Dave i will call around,i need a few parts for my oval, you are wrecking it out ??? :smilegrin:

And Shane, If you even come around with what looks like a screwdriver in your pocket...........................I'll get the shot gun.

Aussie - August 9th, 2012 at 08:45 PM

Nice looking car. :no:

Craig Torrens - August 9th, 2012 at 09:00 PM

Congrats on the new addition :tu:

Pumba - August 9th, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Quote:
And Shane, If you even come around with what looks like a screwdriver in your pocket...........................I'll get the shot gun.

I was going to use your tools;)