Board Logo

I need a car carrier
dubster - January 26th, 2012 at 06:41 PM

I bought 2 split window Kombies in Peak Hill recently, and need to get them up to Queensland. Does anyone know of someone who can point me in the right direction on getting them up here?

whathaveidone - January 26th, 2012 at 06:54 PM

Its on the Newell Hwy, Major truck route. Try TNT or CEVA, they might go that way. Gunna cost ya but!!!!!!!!!

dubster - January 26th, 2012 at 07:00 PM

Yeah, I went on to carcarring.com or something like that and the lowest quote I got was 1800 per vehicle.

helbus - January 26th, 2012 at 07:11 PM

Sounds about right. Try some other car carriers for a quote. That is about what you will pay though.

whathaveidone - January 26th, 2012 at 07:12 PM

hire a trailer and go for 2 long drives. should be cheaper than $3600

dubster - January 26th, 2012 at 07:20 PM

yeah thats what I'm thinking, when i get them to the coast ill put some photo's up

h - January 26th, 2012 at 07:43 PM

I'll be doing a vw freight run in march/april with my T5 bus towing a tandem trailer n I can sort something if you need
pm me details yeah
cheers pauly

dubster - January 26th, 2012 at 08:04 PM

hey thanx Pauly I've gotta get my uncle into gear but will be in touch

grinderman - January 27th, 2012 at 06:06 PM

I feel your pain. Im trying to get my daughters fastback from country victoria to toowoomba and because its not in melbourne and its not running, nobody is interested. So towing empty trailer down and picking up is the only viable option. Still looking at about $1000 all up with fuel/food/accomodation etc. Well worth it to see another nice type 3 on the road.

h - January 27th, 2012 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grinderman
I feel your pain. Im trying to get my daughters fastback from country victoria to toowoomba and because its not in melbourne and its not running, nobody is interested. So towing empty trailer down and picking up is the only viable option. Still looking at about $1000 all up with fuel/food/accomodation etc. Well worth it to see another nice type 3 on the road.

hi mate
I maybe be able to help you with transport
send me a pm with details :)
cheers pauly

shatz149 - February 13th, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dubster
I bought 2 split window Kombies in Peak Hill recently, and need to get them up to Queensland. Does anyone know of someone who can point me in the right direction on getting them up here?

I had my 64 Beetle transported from Adelaide to Sydney for $519, it took 4-5 days, no damage, and no hassle, and real good service, just had to drop it off at their depot in Adelaide and then pick it up at their Sydney depot. The Company was Ceva Logistics and would use them again no problems