Board Logo

Front well on super
Whitty - January 8th, 2007 at 08:00 AM

Team,

I am finally extracting the digit and getting back into the restoration of my 72 Super. Many years ago before I had children sucking my bank account dry, I was a fair way into getting the bug done when it had an unplanned trip over the front of a car trailer. After stopping itself on the winch at the front and having completed about two and a half donuts down the middle of the Bruce Highway, this is what I have had in my shed for the last ten years. I have recently acquired a donor body to chop the bits out I need to repair my bug, so now need to find the best way to do this. Should I
a. cut out the entire wheel well from under the fuel tank and forward to the beaver panel or
b. cut out from halfway through the wheel well or
c. some other way that I haven't thought of that would be way easier altogether. While body repair isnt my thing, I will be getting the bits and pieces ready for someone more talented to do it for me. Sorry about the dodgy piccies, off my phone camera.

Whitty

Whitty - January 8th, 2007 at 08:07 AM

Second piccie is of donor cars well.

helbus - January 8th, 2007 at 04:14 PM

It would look a lot cleaner if you cut out the whole sub assembly from the donor car, including the front apron and the spare wheel well. The main thing is to make sure there are no other damages that extend further into any other panel areas past those panels. If the damage does, then you will need to pull it out with equipment that is only found in a crash repair shop. The pulling must be done before the damaged panels are cut off.