Board Logo

Subaru Conversions
boof2332 - June 5th, 2006 at 08:44 AM

Now the workshop is up and running..if anyone wants help with there conversions, or a drive away conversion done give me a call 0416 115 993.

Any aluminium welding, tube chassis, exhausts, cold air boxes, sumps or fibreglass fab work buzz me as well. I have already found there is a lack of people interested in little jobs.

Matt

[ Edited on 6-6-06 by boof2332 ]

reub - June 5th, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Good luck dude.

Hope it all goes well....:thumb

kombi kountry - June 5th, 2006 at 12:12 PM

I'll be giving you a call....re engine conversion.

Workshop at Beecroft?

pete wood - June 5th, 2006 at 03:02 PM

what's a sump worth? exchange or fully supplied?

boof2332 - June 7th, 2006 at 08:05 AM

The workshop is at Dural. Opposite bunnings.

The sumps will be made from scratch from either ally or steel. I have always thought the exchange method is a hassle. We will be making one this friday/saturday for conversion.

Matt

boof2332 - June 7th, 2006 at 08:08 AM

Hey Rube, have you been tearing up the streets of darwin?

Bet your getting some wild looks.

matt

reub - June 7th, 2006 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by boof2332
Hey Rube, have you been tearing up the streets of darwin?

Bet your getting some wild looks.

matt

hey matt.

nah...the engine has been out for a few weeks now to sort out the clutch problems. I should hopefully have all my bits to get it back together Saturday morning, for which I'm hanging out! Will keep you posted.

You're right, the car does get some looks....

JVLR - June 7th, 2006 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by boof2332
The workshop is at Dural. Opposite bunnings.

The sumps will be made from scratch from either ally or steel. I have always thought the exchange method is a hassle. We will be making one this friday/saturday for conversion.

Matt
Matt the misetro has gone big time:thumb..I hope those sumps will hold more than 5L of oil matt!..should be baffled as well.......:P Good luck with job:thumb

malcolm - June 7th, 2006 at 05:20 PM

have you checked out bug@5speed alloy sump.the only problem his site isn,t in english.

Craig Torrens - June 7th, 2006 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JVLR
Matt the misetro has gone big time:thumb..I hope those sumps will hold more than 5L of oil matt!..should be baffled as well.......:P Good luck with job:thumb

What the hell is a misetro:alien

klashniv - June 7th, 2006 at 08:37 PM

I think he meant to type Maestro, which means genius

ruckus - June 7th, 2006 at 09:38 PM

Hey Matt do you think you could do conversions that could get registered etc in Vic (could you be bothered). Definitely thinking of lining you up when I get back from Japan with my new subie in my carry-on luggage. :dork:

JVLR - June 8th, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by malcolm
have you checked out bug@5speed alloy sump.the only problem his site isn,t in english.
dont like them,badly made!JVL

JVLR - June 8th, 2006 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by klashniv
I think he meant to type Maestro, which means genius
thanks mate!my bad.....JVL

boof2332 - June 9th, 2006 at 08:03 AM

They will hold pretty much 5 litres. My stock one held less than 5, my own one I made holds right on 5. If they needed significantly more I'm sure subaru would have made them bigger. They will be baffled properly and will have a custom pick up rather than a shortened stock one.

matt

rottenbloodything - July 15th, 2006 at 05:06 PM

hI DO YOU DO THESE? BLEW MY MOTOR 2.1 WV LAST WEEK AND INTERSETED IN COSTS FOR SUPPLY AND FIT

hellbugged - July 15th, 2006 at 10:22 PM

can you post some pics of the sumps please boof and let me know what they're worth.

thanx

boof2332 - July 20th, 2006 at 07:55 AM

We made the first one that is on the splitty conversion that we will hopefully fire up in the next day of two. We have had the top plates profile cut with the water jet cutter,we then hand make the rest in the pan brake and tig it up. Once the splitty is done we will be making some more....steel or alluminium.

Matt

pete wood - August 25th, 2006 at 02:13 PM

BIG plug!

Just went out this morning and dropped in on Matt in the Workshop. Let's just say I know why they call him Boof now. But don't let the size worry you he's a marshmallow. Nicest guy and lots of great tools and projects. Subaru conversions are only the tip of Iceburg from what I saw out there today. He can't stand still and he has too much time on his hands. Bad for his missus but good for the rest of us. :lol:

If you need any custom fab work done and you live west or northwest, I highly suggest going to see him. Heck, it's worth going out just for a chat. :tu:

Talk more soon Matt,

Pete

boof2332 - August 26th, 2006 at 07:12 PM

Nice to finally catch up. The splitty is running, crank angle sensor was playing up. Lucky I had one on another motor as they are around $300 each...nuts. Got the wide band sensor in the pipe and computer hooked up, I'm just trying to work out how dave will be able to stay on the bench seat and tune the car, while i'm screaming the streets.
Pete, I'll have a look at the sump and filler tube for you next week.

Matt

Sparrow - October 20th, 2006 at 06:29 PM

Nice Work Boofie