Board Logo

Subaru turbo headers !
seagull - September 8th, 2006 at 02:12 AM

has any one fitted a set of these after market turbo headers to there turbo motor .The weight savings is a lot , quality .

71superbug - September 8th, 2006 at 03:06 AM

best place to ask neil would be a subaru forum, last time i had a look there was plenty of information as to which was better with most gains .etc

i imagine it would be very brand dependant as to which is the most effective.

Anthony

ricola - September 8th, 2006 at 06:30 AM

Good power gains to be had, but there are problems with them cracking if they don't have flexi joints (much more expensive) and they all look pretty deep, will lose the rumble if you go for all out power with equal length one.

I've heard a basic match porting job on the standard headers can give up to 30bhp which is the way I'd go..

Rich

1303Steve - September 8th, 2006 at 08:57 AM

Hi

Im pretty sure that the Rigolis still use a modified stock header on their drag car.

Im pretty sure from what I have gathered is that the headers are usually larger in diameter, that will move the powerband up in the rpm range.

I might change the up pipe, there seems to be gains in that area with no down side.

Steve

gull - September 8th, 2006 at 11:14 AM

I made my own for the n/a trike form 2" ss tube bends .Lots of work but there was power gains

I am getting a set today for the dragon .Its a weight thing for me , I dont care about the grumble note .

ricola - September 9th, 2006 at 05:33 AM

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=7848 

shows how deep they are!

Rich

boof2332 - September 13th, 2006 at 10:27 PM

I got a power up pipe on my car, however I made one for the splitty that is a little shorter than normal, with a different angle to fit under the tank. This is where there is alot of difference in port size. big to small to big again, with no smooth transition. I looked at all the ports on the headers and they were already matched.

Matt

seagull - September 13th, 2006 at 11:59 PM

The ss headers are low , so I just have to fit them to project X :)