Board Logo

V6 adapter Alloytec
froger - December 13th, 2009 at 05:55 PM

Does anyone know if the Alloytec engine to box bolt pattern the same as the earlier V6 engines , in other words can you use the early adopter plates for the Alloytecs??
Has anyone played with these later motors yet conversion wise . They would have to be lighter then the early V6's I'm thinkn , any constructive feedback would be good !!

Cheers Fred

helbus - December 13th, 2009 at 06:27 PM

What vehicle are you thinking of fitting it to? The only Alloytech conversions I have seen to old Holdens have been declared a waste of resources after the owners have fitted them, considering a 5.0 V8 would have been the same cost in every aspect.

rocknrob - December 13th, 2009 at 06:29 PM

No i don't know but i like it. I do think i prefer the earlier 3.8 ecotec for the torque...i'm assuming you are talking about a kombi? i have made drawings for an ecotec to an 091 box if you want to compare:tu:

froger - December 13th, 2009 at 08:04 PM

Yeah Kombi fellas .
Was on autoweb site looking at alloytec review from 2004 they claimed the alloytec had better kw's and torque than the eco Rob , don't get me wrong i'm no expert just quoting them , they also showed figures . The alloy block is 10 kilos lighter then the eco , overall motor weight wasn't mentioned .
Thanks for the offer Rob but have nothing to compare it with at the moment , was hoping that someone may know from past experience playing with V6's.
Will give John Sherman a call and see what he knows about them also , will let use know ..