Board Logo

What are the best seats for a buggy
Andy42 - June 14th, 2004 at 09:19 PM

Ok I am trying to decide what seats to put in the buggy I am building. Now it will be used and abused meaning yes i expect it to get full of mud etc. What seats do you all use and who reckons theirs is good and whos are shit:thumb I am thinking of going for the molded plastic ones with the removable covers for ease of cleaning.

$2.63 homebrand baja - June 14th, 2004 at 10:25 PM

I suggest a club trip to a pub somewhere, all in aid of andy stealin sum plastic seats (is it a 2 seater or 4?).........:o

(dang I gotta keep my posts to myse4lf b4 I get thumped...:P )

Andy42 - June 15th, 2004 at 07:00 AM

Well I was thinking of something a little nicer then them but hey I could get some more glasses and jugs while we are there:thumb And oh it is a 4 seater. So i would some partners in crime:bounce:bounce

ducky - June 15th, 2004 at 08:29 AM

aNDY I reckon the moulded plastic highbacks are best get a removable cover and it makes it super easy for cleaning. And still trick to look at

Craig Torrens - June 15th, 2004 at 09:13 PM

well I'm putting MX5 seats in mine, should get trashed on the first mud trip:thumb...............................but they are narrow, look good, and are very comfy !! also has speakers in the headrests !!!!

Desert Moose - June 16th, 2004 at 12:24 AM

I used fabric seats in a race cars for years. Size and comfort sould be your main goals(plus cost). Molded plastic seats are normally big and uncomfortable. The durability of a vinyl seat is good but ya bum sticks in summer. So I would get some cheap seats out of a jap import and replace them if you stuff 'um

pinklady_bug - June 16th, 2004 at 10:35 AM

Hey I am selling my SAAS sports seats, never been used and in excellent condition. They are fabric but very comfy. You could but a plastic cover over them maybe. if your interested send me a u2u or email.
Thanx

pete wood - June 17th, 2004 at 07:45 PM

comfort first. besides, when the plastic ones get soaked, the covers will slide around all over the place on them.

phatrat - December 9th, 2004 at 08:27 PM

@

phatrat - December 9th, 2004 at 08:29 PM

@

MickH - December 9th, 2004 at 08:43 PM

Hey Andy....I've got some high back fiberglass ones here you can have.They have the padded plastic covers that you can remove and hose down:thumb. I opted for comfort with my new ones in the Manx because to drive anywhere to have some fun was 1 1/2-2 hours and my fat arse got sore. Will post them to custom offroad next week if ya want them.If you don't I'll post them there anyway....:P Was thinking of getting them covered in wetsuit material and reusing them but could not be bothered........let me know.

pete wood - December 9th, 2004 at 09:20 PM

i've got the ones in dakdat's first pic, bought them from Revolution racegear. They are quite comfy, but understandbly, sweaty on a hot day. I'll probably get some cheap covers for em.

Andy42 - December 9th, 2004 at 09:26 PM

Yeh thanks mick but I bought some cobra seats for it. It is slowly coming along and hopefully i will be able to pop in to see you on my way to cairns:)

phatrat - December 10th, 2004 at 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pete wood
i've got the ones in dakdat's first pic, bought them from Revolution racegear. They are quite comfy, but understandbly, sweaty on a hot day. I'll probably get some cheap covers for em.

Pete....what did they cost...and are they ADR?

pete wood - December 10th, 2004 at 04:34 PM

ummm, was a while ago, I think about $300 each?

I think they conform to ADRs. My engineer didn't check. Ring Revolution to be sure. BTW, apparently you can get them in a few different colours. I saw some orange ones once.

Oh, don't buy their adjustable seatmount kit, it's crap, make your own. Just get some rails to go with the seat.

last celtic warrior - December 24th, 2004 at 02:31 PM

I reckon Toyota Celica seats are the duck's nuts... Easy to come by, cheap, hard wearing and very comfy and supportive. Of course the first thing you should measure when choosing seats is ya arse... ---> (_|_) <---