Board Logo

what sunvisors will suit a buggy
ratbug - November 10th, 2004 at 09:02 PM

Just wondering what everyone with buggies have used for sunvisors? For rego i got a pair of charade visors and cut them up to fit, they are a bit dodgy and would like to get something smaller that will fit better. Any suggestions? Can't seem to find any decent sized ones in the wrecking yards.

Thanks, Andrew

MickH - November 10th, 2004 at 10:04 PM

I use sunglasses.....:thumb

VDU.88A - November 12th, 2004 at 05:35 PM

would have to agree usually sunglasses
polaroid sunnies for the dunes

VDUBXTC - November 12th, 2004 at 05:48 PM

I use sunnies and a roll bar.
Never had any issues with not having any for rego

ancientbugger - November 12th, 2004 at 07:28 PM

Do not try a hat as it ends up very expensive! I've lost loads in the years I've had my bug .

ratbug - November 12th, 2004 at 10:40 PM

Quote:

Never had any issues with not having any for rego

Hmm ok, i rolled up to the engineers without them not knowing that i needed them, but he said i had to put them in I took them out again after a while, they looked very dodgy, but i gotta take the car to the engineer soon to get the new engine done so would like a better attempt at some visors instead of the cut up charade ones.

VDUBXTC - November 13th, 2004 at 01:18 PM

Maybe think about going to another engineer.

there is a guy at cardiff that is good.
He has done most of the buggies in newcastle.

ratbug - November 13th, 2004 at 03:02 PM

Quote:

there is a guy at cardiff that is good.

Yeah he is my engineer.. He is good, but just picked on my lack of sunvisors. I might try some mini ones, they should be small.

pete wood - November 13th, 2004 at 05:10 PM

I had a thought,

why not make some up out of dark tinted or black perspex or lexan. use the mounts off your old ones. then you could make them the shape you wanted. i reckon it might look really trick. :cool:

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by pete wood]

VDUBXTC - November 13th, 2004 at 10:24 PM

I am lost then.

Maybe what pete suggests;)

Mad Manx - November 14th, 2004 at 06:27 PM

???don't sunvisors have to be padded? maybe trim some from a bit of thin ply then cover them like yu would a door card- with that thin foam underneath. the vw fittings should be able to screw on.

ratbug - November 14th, 2004 at 09:27 PM

Yeah they have to be padded. The lexen and plywood, or even fibreglass could be the go, and then get them padded. Rung up a guy wrecking mini's but he said he throws out all the visors because nobody wants them.