Board Logo

nice concept drawing
kroozzn63 - November 16th, 2004 at 10:33 PM

humpty - November 30th, 2004 at 03:28 PM

BUILD IT! BUILD IT, DAMN YOU!!

Doug Sweetman - November 30th, 2004 at 03:40 PM

Nice, but why do we have to put a 30's ford front beam into it to call it a rod ?

very talented artist, whoever drew that.

twoguns - November 30th, 2004 at 05:37 PM

true. i suppose you could jsut extend the pan and bring the original beam forward. or shorten the body.

humpty - December 1st, 2004 at 12:43 AM

The 'I" beam front end looks neater and is 'correct' for "the look".
"The look" of which I speak is the the classic wheel forward look that rods have when veiwed from the side. On a rod, this look comes about from the removal of the 'fenders' and bumpers in an effort to save weight, reduce drag and it has the added beneifit of 'speeding' up the profile too. Similar to the speedway cars of old.
Some guys have made a 'beam extension' the get the standard DUB beam forward....Doesn't look as nice (front on) but it does help the profile.

The idea is to excentuate the 'long' profile of the car. Chopping the roof helps 'lenghten' the look of the car also. Combine the 2 and you on a winner. And just for good measure, throw in a quick 'channel' job too!

ColumBUS - December 2nd, 2004 at 03:42 PM

'brilliant' 'stuff'. when are 'we' going to 'make' this 'rod'
'i' would 'want' to be a 'part' of the 'project'. :bounce

sorry humpty, had to do the 'piss take' on ya, but u no i luv ya :kiss

humpty - December 4th, 2004 at 02:37 PM

'None' take, but the I'm a bit of a "detail geek" when it comes to "correct" descriptions of 'things'!

And 'punctuation' is "VERY" important!!!!

So U gonna 'do' it or what?

I hope to, but i have 2 other projects in the way, not to mention study, job and family!

Fossil - December 10th, 2004 at 04:20 PM

that would be sheer class if built:beer