Board Logo

Hotrod VW Project - ebay (not mine)
Dasdubber - August 10th, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Not sure about the body being "all steel" as indicated in the info (maybe I have misread it)....but this would be pretty cool (in my opinion!).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-1956-Oval-2-door-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4567208452QQca...

Doug Sweetman - August 10th, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Looks wicked, but how the f%^k do you get the motor in ? Maybe its a funny car flip top style !

Definetely has alot of potential. It looks like a real good roof chop - maybe HRM should pick it up ?

Dasdubber - August 10th, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Yeah I think it is sweet - if I had the time/money/space/permission from missus I'd snap it up. But alas, "you can't always get what you want" so the song goes.

Would be good to have more info on the particulars of the car, but I guess people can contact the seller if interested.

HotRodMatt - August 10th, 2005 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Sweetman
Looks wicked, but how the f%^k do you get the motor in ? Maybe its a funny car flip top style !

Definetely has alot of potential. It looks like a real good roof chop - maybe HRM should pick it up ?

The rake on the front windsheild is too much for me... A chop is made or ruined onthe shape of the window aperatures. Look at the side front and back ones there... to they look harmonius?

Besides... the shape of my chop is better... now just to fix the welds... Then start work on the guards and the chassis and the new dash...

This one would be better as a drag car.

nn[ Edited on 10-8-2005 by HotRodMatt ]

Fossil - August 10th, 2005 at 12:42 PM

boot welded also so flip top

hellbugged - August 10th, 2005 at 10:45 PM

yeah its all steel, saw it at the vw spectacular a few years back.built by hot rod type dude.