[ Edited on 31-10-2005 by kroozzn62 ]

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 01:16 PM

cant beat the price

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 01:23 PM

super rat

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 02:31 PM

open to all critisim "of the pinstriping"

squizy - October 31st, 2005 at 04:00 PM

Looks damn fine. Once the Cab is sold look out for a phone call!

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 04:38 PM

no probs looking for small projects no charge just paint costs,
until i start charging

twoguns - October 31st, 2005 at 04:42 PM

what about my splitta. but i woudl like you not ot do any other matt black splittas! what ya think?

ColumBUS - October 31st, 2005 at 05:43 PM

and to think i was gonna buy it and scrap it for parts...

you can see it all at the Flat 4 Shootout this sunday!!

kroozn im buying a new toy soon, expect a call, thats jst fantastic

pyr0 - October 31st, 2005 at 06:02 PM

very sweet stuff mate :tu: looks the biz for sure :cool:

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 06:35 PM

pity the rear shot has a bit of sun glare cant see it reel good but yeah shes gunna be a the shoot out

VWFOOL - October 31st, 2005 at 06:35 PM

can i just ask how that is on vintage rego plates?

barls - October 31st, 2005 at 06:38 PM

nice work on the pin-striping mate im just curious how you get around not having front guards i didn't see any axle mounted ones ether unless they weren't on in the pics.

twoguns - October 31st, 2005 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by barls
nice work on the pin-striping mate im just curious how you get around not having front guards i didn't see any axle mounted ones ether unless they weren't on in the pics.

Quote:
can i just ask how that is on vintage rego plates?

i think you guys can guess that greedy has made a choice. there are three.
1/ run the risk.
2/ bodge the report. buy it/steal it/ know a mate/ or forge.
3/ go about it right and get the approval.

what does it matter to you guys. you know its not correct, but why be concerned?:P

its about the art, anyway:thumb!

ColumBUS - October 31st, 2005 at 07:34 PM

it is legally approved, i think it has been put down as a kit car. steve told me the whole process when i came to look at it but it was up with kroozn getting striped

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 07:57 PM

the guards fell of on the way to my warehouse they will be back on for the shoot out
but as kikko said full legal "kitcar"

barls - October 31st, 2005 at 08:01 PM

thanks fish and kroozz thats all i wanted to know was if they were missing, cause i thought i remembered a set there but wasnt sure. wes i agree it is about the art but as previously stated somewhere on here any idiot can modify but it takes real genius to make it legal

VWFOOL - October 31st, 2005 at 08:06 PM

sorry so how did he get the vintage plates? im interested for my own car.
brendan knows my thoughts on his work.

ColumBUS - October 31st, 2005 at 08:29 PM

its registered as a vintage kitcar, same way as you would go about getting vintage plates for a vintage standard classic car or hotrod.

VWFOOL - October 31st, 2005 at 08:51 PM

ok cool, thanks for the info

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 09:47 PM

smart work not hard work!
smart and hard is good too. ha ha

twoguns - October 31st, 2005 at 10:04 PM

sorry KK. but there aint no way that it is legal a 'kit car'. it is jsut highly modified beetle. it would be hard to believe that their club is allowing this properly, considering so many vintage clubs have very strict rules so that they may maintain the priviledge of having the plates in the first place. i could be wrong, but i would say it is very border line. if not i would like ot join this club, as i have many that i would like on those vintage plates. youve got me going now KK.

byronbus - October 31st, 2005 at 10:07 PM

We havent had a good discussion on here for a while...where's dave?
Wes i have a singlecab you can put on club plates...

twoguns - October 31st, 2005 at 10:07 PM

hey i thought you sold/selling it?

byronbus - October 31st, 2005 at 10:09 PM

Had some offers from OS but im a bit reluctant and was going to trade for something but the logistics were too hard...
back to the topic...how did this thing get passed as a kit car?

ColumBUS - October 31st, 2005 at 10:15 PM

well thats what i think it is registered as, possibly a hotrod, but i think that hotrods need to be a certain age again.

what i do know is that it is fully rta approved and inspected as is and is totally legal. i remember steve talking about it being registered as a kit car, thats why he was looking for the fibreglass bonnet shaped like a hotrod (the same one as on bluey's v8 beetle hotrod)

twoguns - October 31st, 2005 at 10:20 PM

you are aware that even if the engineer signs off, that the RTA can still withdraw your rego, if it feels its not true. a hot rod, has a lot more rules than no fenders or front guards!

maybe the word needs to come from greedy, if he is interested, rather than 'third party'.

like i said... only three ways.:kiss

hey kr00zn. i will be chatting to you soon, tep back on topic. i have two things i deciding, first. :thumb

[ Edited on 31/10/2005 by twoguns ]

kroozzn63 - October 31st, 2005 at 10:34 PM

yeah somthing like kikko that the rta said well because of the amount of fibreglass! its a kitcar blah blah blah and shazzzam lets keep it like that or u2u greedy51 hell tell you exacty because he didnt want hassles with cops so he did it according to the rta rules.

[ Edited on 31-10-2005 by kroozzn62 ]

WABaja - November 1st, 2005 at 02:24 AM

To legally be classed as a "Hotrod" it must be a Pre 1948 car..
However, and this is where the Sillyness comes in to it..
You can go out and buy a Brand New fiberglass reproduction 1932 Ford body, mount it on a brand new 1932 Ford reproduction chassis, fit a Brand New V8 engine from a 2005 XR8, along with the gearbox, differential and brakes, have the car wired all new using digital instruments and have it trimmed and finished using ALL Brand New Parts, then get it registered as a "1932 Ford Hotrod"...!

On the other hand, you Can Not take a 1970 "Type 1" VW Beetle, which, despite several redesign evolutions, still bears a STRIKING resemblance to The Vehicle that was first designed and mass produced during the 1930's, 1940's and onward, Make some "Hotrodding Changes", such as chopping the roof and removing the fenders, (just like they do on 1932 Fords), YET, the vehicle will Still NOT be considered a "Hotrod"...
If ANY Vehicle should be eligible for "Hotrod Status" it is most surely the Volkswagen Beetle, but due to the narrow mindedness and Purist attitude of many hotrodders, the beetle will remain a car to be snubbed and ridiculed...
Good thing we know better..
I have always maintained the following phrase to those who ask "Why"..??
I say, "If you have never owned one, you would Never understand"...
Perhaps when my Volksrod hits the road, it may change a few opinions, and if it doesn't, I really don't care...
:P

WABaja - November 1st, 2005 at 02:29 AM

ps. Greedy, your "Rod" Looks great...!!!! I hope you drive the wheels off it and have a great time....!!!!

:beer

greedy51 - November 1st, 2005 at 06:18 AM

ok i knew this would happen so i will tell ya i spent 2 days at the rta with photoes and engernears reports and receipts also infomation on vw based kit cars from the 60-70
BGW made and still makes rod kits mine is based on one of these it has yo be a nos kit or a copy of a kit using pre 1975 parts to do this you will have to do your home work and get proof of the kit and design
this car has beeen checked for normal rego and will pass but as i only use it on club related outings i can't afford to have it sitting a home 360 days a year doing nil
it is in the RTA records as a 34 ford vrod replica on a 1971 pan and body parts
rules are rules and i followed them so that there would be no troubles with the RTA or my club so for other people well that don't count
you can historic rego 356 porsche myers manix and many other early kit cars BUT MENTION HOTROD and all get excited all i can say is DO YOUR HOME WORK the word HISTORIC is important not vintage and as there were a very small amount of these cars made they truely are endangered and need saving
this car is apart more than it is running not because it's broken but because i'm always trying to improve it to the origional look so if anyone knows where i can get a 40 ford bonnet i will personally hump your leg in gratitude
greedy
ps the old rod pictured is in america and is a BGW kitbase job with it seems some personal touches

[ Edited on 31-10-2005 by greedy51 ]