Board Logo

ebay (not mine) - rear end of 1926 tudor - ideal for volksrod truck??
Dasdubber - March 24th, 2006 at 09:21 AM

If only I had the time and space, this would be cool to use as the rear end of a volksrod "truck"...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1926-TOURER-HOT-ROD-OR-VINTAGE-REAR_W0QQitemZ462366961...

Well I think it would anyway :jesus

humpty - March 31st, 2006 at 07:33 PM

Ya know what... I dont think I have ever seen a 'phaeton' (tourer) style VRod yet!... The only draw back with that set-up it the engine would be hangin out the back..... You could make a 'conti' spare wheel cowl for the engine... Or maybe a fau luggage rack..... Or maybe a mid-engine deal could be done.... But try to get it rego'd!!!

greedy51 - April 6th, 2006 at 11:44 AM

love the idea

Dasdubber - April 6th, 2006 at 02:59 PM

The spare wheel cowl idea would be super cool...but yep, lot of work indeed!

shaihulud - April 12th, 2006 at 09:38 AM

Why not put the engine in a big wicker picnic basket?

humpty - April 12th, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shaihulud
Why not put the engine in a big wicker picnic basket?

Just dont make it too big!.... I have seen some wicker deals on vintage cars in the past and they look way strange on them.... They seem to be the size of a travel trunk!... Looking at where the wheel would be in relation to the engine position, what ever cover was used would only have to be around 300mm deep....

bajachris88 - April 12th, 2006 at 11:20 AM

I wish i had money and time

HotRodMatt - April 12th, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Just put the thing on a set of A rails where it belongs.

humpty - April 12th, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Common Matt.... think a little more broadly!!! ;-) Anyone can build an A model.... Shit...modern rods are just big mecano sets... What happened to building something from what ever was lying about? Besides.... I reckon you'd have a hard time getting some rails regoed with a dub engine in the boot! LOL!