Board Logo

flaming rat rdoz
kroozzn63 - April 2nd, 2006 at 12:14 PM

nice one

Alex Holzl - April 2nd, 2006 at 08:54 PM

thats my walllpaper! watta nice roof chop ay!

humpty - April 3rd, 2006 at 07:26 PM

Something is wrong with this pic....
The front wheel looks to be to far back in the guard or the front of the guard is too far forward or someting!!!!! Maybe its a late bug with early guards????
But the chop looks nice... the proportions are sweet... Even with 'big' windows!!!
Not a bad effort on the flames.....

Volkswagenboy - April 3rd, 2006 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by humpty
Something is wrong with this pic....
The front wheel looks to be to far back in the guard or the front of the guard is too far forward or someting!!!!! Maybe its a late bug with early guards????

I thought that too when I first saw it!
-Staggers.

greenbug70 - April 3rd, 2006 at 10:21 PM

it just doesn t look quite right

bajachris88 - April 3rd, 2006 at 10:40 PM

I believe its a dud.

just analysed it a bit. Dam good photoshop, if it is. I'm pretty sure.

Cause heres my findings:

Get a ruler. Line up the fence (top), is it straight and linear, (the top line of the fence), yep, sure is. Ahuh.

line up the pavement (the left and right side), put a ruler against the edge of the pavement and see if its straight with hte right. Yep, it is.

NOW!! line up the left and right side of the lower edge of the fence ( where it comes in contact with the ground). it doesn't line up. It should, cause its a straight fence (due to lining up the top of it).

Notice also how the headlights go WAY!! ahead of the bonnet, seem to far ahead, that u loose sight of the bonnet by way.

Am I being too analytical where a real photo is disproven while still being real? or is it a photoshop?

Do the same for the top of the fence, straight all the way though, yep, sure is.

Do it with the base of the fence, hte lower bit on the left doesn't linearly match up with the part on the right. DESPITE the fact it should be straight and linear, cause the tops of hte fence do the same and the fence appears to be just a flat, same sized wall across.

[ Edited on 3/4/2006 by bajachris88 ]

humpty - April 3rd, 2006 at 11:10 PM

I figured it out...... Its a FatChick LBug with early style guards!!!
Notice the size of the windows, pillars n doors? Check the angle of the bonnet... Its too flat and round at the front.... Its a LBug!
Clever stuff.... I dont think its a PS job.... The fence theory is ok, but if you do some scaling of the fence posts, you'll see that the width of the planks are dropping away at the rear of the car compared to the front, and the gravel is just deeper there because the fence in that area is further from the driveway.... But we are analising this way too much!!!!
Its not a bad job considering its a FatChick!

greedy51 - April 6th, 2006 at 11:46 AM

yep trickey
looks like a low res camera