Board Logo

3 Weeks To VW Warwick
VWMA Editor - September 7th, 2007 at 04:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Three weeks to go and only one week till entries close. Already the field is bigger than last year, with a great variety of vehicles.

There has been a lot happening at Warwick in regards to the horse flu, and the circuit and drag tracks have been in discussion with the council over some concerns about the recovering horses. Contrary to popular rumour, the motor racing facility was never quarantined, but rather activity put on temporary hold while consideration was given to noise adversely affecting the health of the sick horses. This has now been resolved, and all motor racing at Morgan Park will continue as scheduled, including VW Warwick. Although the event was never really in danger of being cancelled, it is still reassuring to be given firm approval from the authorities looking after the horse flu outbreak.

Vintage Vee-Dub Supplies has come on board as another sponsor of the event, which all helps to create a fantastic weekend of racing. Thanks guys.

If you know of anyone who is intending to compete but has not yet sent through their forms, please remind them that entries close Friday 14th September.

Weekly updates will be posted this month.

Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor
VWMA

fullnoise - September 7th, 2007 at 05:16 PM

Apple could come onboard with a sponsorship. They could give each horse an iPod so they don't get frightened by flat fours with stinger exhausts and IDAs.

That's enough of the keyboard Craig! Back to the spanners if you want to race at Warwick!

Regards CT

VWMA Editor - September 7th, 2007 at 06:35 PM

Steady on.

Engine and gearbox is back in, and I spent this afternoon plumbing up the re-located oil cooler. Found some sheet metal that needs grinding - it only took 3 decent sized cuts on the arm to convince me.

Stanley - September 7th, 2007 at 06:53 PM

Glad to hear Craig
I heard a rumour that the event might have been in jeapordy

Roll on Warwick....:tu:

OZ Towdster - September 7th, 2007 at 06:59 PM

Well i was over at COR this afternoon and the Gecko is starting to get close to ready.
But sorry i can't wait for next year as i will have the Towdster going again with the frightning 2387cc T1 OH YEA !!

VWMA Editor - September 7th, 2007 at 07:37 PM

.....and my fuel tank?

vw54 - September 8th, 2007 at 10:14 AM

We will be there

fullnoise - September 8th, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Hey Dave,

What car/s are you bringing?

I think the orange smoothee needs to see some action! Most of all I'd like to see your supercharged oval again.

Is my grudge racing mate Stuart Morris coming up in his blue/grey rag top or does he have a new car to peddle?

CT

ian.mezz - September 9th, 2007 at 07:36 PM

we will be ther as well:P