Board Logo

Fasty finally posts a time WSID 10.10.07
GTMac - October 10th, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Decided as Im on holidays to go out to WSID.

Heaps of cars as usual but managed 4 runs before they did the burnouts and thought nope just go home.

Best for the night was my last run, still more left in it I think with a better 60' but hard to concentrate with a 10sec V8 roaring next to you.

R/T: .616
60' : 2.247
330': 5.633
660': 8.480
1000': 10.886
MPH: 106.89
K/mh: 172.03
ET: 12.973

Now better learn to change gears before the rev limiter says so and put in a good shifter.

1303Steve - October 10th, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Hi

Good stuff, I bet the didn't expect a Type 3 to run those sort of numbers.

Steve

dangerous - October 11th, 2007 at 05:10 AM

That's cookin'!

You now will have to go back again to see what improvements you can make,
and again...and again!

reub - October 11th, 2007 at 08:29 AM

Congrats dude...great time :thumb

Gets me more motivated to get back down the track myself....

vw54 - October 11th, 2007 at 08:57 AM

Quote:

I bet the didn't expect a Type 3 to run those sort of numbers.

I think the EJ20T has a lot to do with it

GTMac - October 11th, 2007 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dangerous
That's cookin'!

You now will have to go back again to see what improvements you can make,
and again...and again!

Thanks guys.

Dave who said this wasnt addictive? My goal was actually 12.9 but I really didnt think I could do it, so Im wrapped :blush but here I am driving home thinking OK what do I need to do to get it as a consistant low 12sec car. I wont learn:P

A slightest bit of cred would have been nice. If it was a beetle recognisable to the world then the guys on the microphone may have stopped yawning but then Im sure they would have come out with some German wise cracks............oh well what can you do when they live and breath 8 cylinders?

Craig Torrens - October 11th, 2007 at 09:35 AM

:D:D.........good work:thumb

vw54 - October 11th, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Quote:

A slightest bit of cred would have been nice.

yeah got to agree they only know V8s n jap cars and then when its a VW they put shit on them fuc ing hopeless

good work to get the time down hows the gearbox holding up are you using a stock box ???

dangerous - October 11th, 2007 at 01:59 PM

I'd say with some better launches you will loose perhaps half a second.
Perhaps some of those MT Drag radials?

fullnoise - October 11th, 2007 at 03:42 PM

Well done.

I've bumped a few people that know of your car and all the work you've put into it. Sure you've put another engine in it but I bet there's a serious amount of work getting the rest of the car up to speed and making it reliable and steetable.

I'm glad to hear the hard yakka is paying off.

A 12 second type 3, what a crack-up.

CT

VWCOOL - October 11th, 2007 at 04:12 PM

How was traction? Raising the rear of your car a little will help with grip, I reckon ;)

hypo-vw - October 11th, 2007 at 07:30 PM

congrats from the team at WPVW . that is an awsome time and speed for a type-3 . Like dave said , now its time to go and see where you can improve . and after you run the car next time , and the time after that , and so on.... well done mate !!

GTMac - October 11th, 2007 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
yeah got to agree they only know V8s n jap cars and then when its a VW they put shit on them fuc ing hopeless

good work to get the time down hows the gearbox holding up are you using a stock box ???

No more stock box. Nothing over the top, Albins 1st and 2nd, course tooth kombi 3rd and 4th, super diff, heavy duty side plate and a usual good rebuild....................fingers crossed. In drag circles Im a real pussy off the line, thus the 60' time. I like the thought of still be able to drive home!

Glenn, traction was no problem at all, slammed 2nd, squatted down and kept pushing forward :P

[ Edited on 11-10-2007 by GTMac ]

JVLRacing - October 11th, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Well done GT:thumb JVL

pete wood - October 17th, 2007 at 10:00 PM

GTmac, congrats. that's an awesome time.

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54

in my experience, the only things that get any attention out there have chevs in em.

the cars that make me yawn the most are the stock HSV dunnydores. It's like, "look I can do a burnout with 18inch rims and 50pnds of tyre pressure!"

:rolleyes: :td: