Board Logo

crazy col`s got crower rods!
supercharged 66 - November 16th, 2007 at 02:17 PM

I`ve just aquired 8x crower maxi lite special material i beam rods with some crazy crower rod bolts!490g per rod,1.5 mmshorter than stock rods,48mm big ends honda b18?width(brendon will correct me if wrong)good 4 150hp per cylinder.Gonna take some time but so did my 1585 and that went ok!gonna drop the crank down to craig at crankshaft engineering this arvo.i`ll post again when i`ve got any more news!p.s.no topfuelers use scat cranks and rods!

supercharged 66 - November 16th, 2007 at 07:05 PM

tried to post pics but i suck with computers ,may b tomorrow.Rough engine spec 92mmwisecosx 77,=2047ccas much compression as i can get would like 15:1 but don`t think i can get that much with the pistons i have. this won`t b a street engine as such gonna b using every trick i can ie ceramic s 4 exhaust and combustion chambers and exhaust ports,wet lube 4 piston skirts,dry lube 4 back side of pistons rods and crank throws,heat disipating coating on heads and barrells,titanium valves custom flywheel w160mm clutch assy.and a few other tricks i`m keepin up my sleeve my boss who knows a bit about engines recons 180hp is a good point to aim 4.its gonna b diffrent and that suits me and my car down 2 the ground.and if it revs to 10,000 i`ll be smilin like i was at warrick when matt berry driving my car pulled at least 112 ft wheelie then when he pulled 2nd up she came up again,thanks matt!Oh and ash 4 lettin us cain his engine.

bond - November 16th, 2007 at 07:33 PM

crazy col up to his ol tricks. - will have to get in touch re: coating heads and pistons.

nick

h - November 17th, 2007 at 01:04 AM

pics pls c'mon you can do it or get the secretary to do it!!! haha

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - November 17th, 2007 at 07:55 AM

Yes Col B18 sounds about right LOL. So what heads are you going to run?? And are you going to use 13mm booker rod for head studs at 15:1.

you're a crazy man and that's why we like you hahahahaha!!!

supercharged 66 - November 17th, 2007 at 03:09 PM

brendon i`m gonna b using the 043311 cylinder head combo that i ran on the 1585 but im going to b upping the valve sizes peter at swift engines is going to oversee the engine program.about the the compression the only reason to try and run so much is so i can use the texas recipe it makes your eyes water probally causes cancer but damm it makes a diffrence.

LIFE IN THE LOW LANE - November 17th, 2007 at 03:49 PM

Hope the texas recipe doesn't casue any genetic defects so as the next time i see you you have 2 heads or something to that degree!!

BrisDubba - November 21st, 2007 at 08:42 PM

Yes Col, that is all well and good but will it play music ? I am happy that mine revs to 5000..