Board Logo

Wolfsburg west floor pans
davidpot53 - November 27th, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Hi

I am planing to import floor pan from ww, it cost 300$ in shipping for 2 pans, would cost 255$ Each person for 4 pans, if anybody in the Melbourne area is interested in having a combined order from ww to save on shipping cost let me know, I am planing the order next week

Cheers

David

Dasdubber - November 28th, 2013 at 09:08 PM

Hey David,

Just curious how it compares price wise with the Wolfsburg West floor pan halves we sell?

http://dasrestoparts.com.au/repair-panels-and-sheet-metal/beetle-repair-panel... (just one example of the models we sell)

If we are not competitive on price I'd be keen to know how far off we are if that is okay?

Cheers
Al
DAS Resto Parts (can PM me if you prefer)

davidpot53 - November 29th, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Hi

I didn't had a good look at your site but looks like
They are the ones I am after and cheaper aswell
If they fit a standard bug 73 with 2 seat runners I will be
Getting them from you

Thanks !
David

matberry - November 29th, 2013 at 01:33 PM

Aint that grand....a happy ending and a reason to use a bloody Australian supplier.

ps. I can think of more ;)

waltermitty - November 29th, 2013 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by matberry
Aint that grand....a happy ending and a reason to use a bloody Australian supplier.

ps. I can think of more ;)

I would love to agree and use Australian suppliers I have tried most of them , just got sick of getting burnt

Mitchell

MISS VDUB - November 29th, 2013 at 05:15 PM

You won't get hurt using Das Resto Parts, can't praise the guys enough!

viiking - November 29th, 2013 at 08:40 PM

I got mine from them as we'll earlier in the year. Beautiful pans! Very happy with service and quality.

I think that the local guys probably don't advertise their prices on line enough forcing most of us to look overseas. After all the majority of purchasing is done by the net these days and I think the local guys tend to have poor websites.(JK excepted)

If we could get cheaper shipping from overseas suppliers via an Australian agent I would be happy to do so. I know I have a lot to buy and would do so if I could get bulk items from WW via sea and not air so I wouldn't have to buy in small bits and pieces and pay exorbitant courier costs.

viiking

viiking - November 29th, 2013 at 08:50 PM

OK. I had a new look at DRH website and it is better than before and has a lot more in stock. But. Better not to have a category on the menu if it is completely empty.

viiking

davidpot53 - November 29th, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Agree with you guys, trying so hard to buy in oz but I went to 3 different supplier in Melbourne that had them in stock
All of them will say it's the best panel you can get in Australia and they were all not that good, prices going 50 to 100$ difference for the same crap too !

waltermitty - November 30th, 2013 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MISS VDUB
You won't get hurt using Das Resto Parts, can't praise the guys enough!

I havnt used Das but I have tried I think they might need a secretary there to make sure phone calls are returned as promised.
M

Dasdubber - November 30th, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Hi guys, thanks for considering us (DAS Resto Parts). waltermitty, apologies if we have missed a return call. Steve (my business partner) is running DRP full time now so we are improving our processes day by day including continuing to work on the website backend (and front end with images/updated categories etc). PM me if you like so either myself or Steve can get back to you although I acknowledge it may be too late, if so, sorry once again.

Unfortunately we do not have the financial backing of a large company behind the scenes like JK does. We reinvest whatever we make back into expanding our stock and balance the leftovers between graphic design/advertising/IT assistance etc. Its not always easy, as to stay competitive the margins have to be quite skinny which means it takes a longer to advance things like the website which chews up a lot of money. Anyway, I won't ramble on any longer other than to say we'll continue to keep the quality of parts and service as our highest priority. We are still human though, so we appreciate letting us know if the ball is ever dropped.

Cheers
Al