Board Logo

Wanted '67 beetle door cards
BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 10th, 2017 at 05:14 PM

Looking for some door cards, I only need they wood pieces so if they are really ratty on the outside that is fine they will be getting recovered in hessian.
Thanks

adlbeetle66 - January 10th, 2017 at 07:10 PM

Yep. Got a good passenger one here, a drivers one that you could use for a template to make your own card and one rear one (unsure of side) in good cond.

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 15th, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Would I be able to just flip the rear one over to make the two sides and the same with the passenger side?

adlbeetle66 - January 16th, 2017 at 09:01 AM

I think so, although the drivers side rear one has an ask try in that (i'm assuming you won't need that ;))?
You can buy the original material, or you can use thin MDF board...

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 18th, 2017 at 09:10 PM

Bump

68AutoBug - January 18th, 2017 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlasterTheRedBajaBug
Looking for some door cards, I only need they wood pieces so if they are really ratty on the outside that is fine they will be getting recovered in hessian.
Thanks

can you still get hessian???? it wasn't normally used in car interiors???

Lee

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 19th, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Yes you can still get it from spotlight, I going to get a printed/patterned length of it and I am going to use kombi tapestry material for a headliner so it is definitely going to be different but I like it so who really cares it's my car and I am going to drive it to and from school and eventually tafe when I get to that stage.
So in short yes you can still get hessian and it is treated so it isn't as coarse or brittle.

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 20th, 2017 at 11:13 AM

bump

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 21st, 2017 at 09:51 PM

Bump looking for good structure only doesn't need to look good just needs to be sturdy and recoverable.

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 22nd, 2017 at 05:21 PM

Bump

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - January 26th, 2017 at 10:01 PM

Scratch the hessian idea today I drove my uncles bug out at his farm and I have massive friction burns on my leg Not the greatest idea considering I have school tomorrow.
I think possibly polished aluminium would look good on a purple car so anyone out there if you have some let me know as stated 66 or 67 I have been told will fit.
Thanks

viiking - January 27th, 2017 at 11:47 AM

So you don't really want door cards, only an outline traced on paper if you are going to cut from sheet of aluminium?

adlbeetle66 - January 27th, 2017 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by viiking
An outline traced on paper if you are going to cut from sheet of aluminium?

I can do that ;)

viiking - January 28th, 2017 at 08:00 AM

Well yes. That's what I was suggesting if someone is close by to him.

Denver?

Mine are 70's but if no one else locally can do, I can get an outline. I assume they will be pretty much identical.