Board Logo

WTD - Beetle 57-64 Wiper arms
psimitar - January 29th, 2017 at 07:43 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any of the full stainless wiper arms as fitted between 1957-64?

A pair would be great but a single ones fine. Be good if the arm still has good spring too it aswell. They can get rather limp after lots of use.

I'm in north east Melbourne but posting is fine as they aren't big or heavy.

Just flick me a PM is easiest.

Cheers,
Mike
Heidelberg Heights
Melbourne
VIC 3081

Special Air Service - January 31st, 2017 at 10:08 AM

got a pic of them?

psimitar - January 31st, 2017 at 05:24 PM

Hopefully the image from Wolfsburg West works. These are the same design but painted silver instead of made from Stainless steel.

Oh, and doesn't matter if the end is cranked. Originals should be cranked as to whether LHD or RHD but the repro are straight to cater for both.

Cheers,
Mike

vw54 - January 31st, 2017 at 05:46 PM

is that with the grub screw onto the shaft type ??

the only stainless I know of are the one with the 10mm clamp type screw aussie 63 onwards I think ??

psimitar - January 31st, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54
is that with the grub screw onto the shaft type ??

the only stainless I know of are the one with the 10mm clamp type screw aussie 63 onwards I think ??

My original ones have the 10-11mm nut that clamps the shaft but the grub screw type were also used between 58-64. I know Oz was a bit different as to what was used but I've had a few of the nut type arms and just wndering if anyone has any before I go and buy new ones for OS. :)

southspark - February 5th, 2017 at 09:44 AM

Hi Mike

Had them (nos) sold them, they are worth more than I thought.

Paul

psimitar - February 5th, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by southspark
Hi Mike

Had them (nos) sold them, they are worth more than I thought.

Paul

Do you have any left?

NOS woulda been worth about $50 each. That's what they cost to buy new.

Wish I'd known they were NOS.

Cheers,
Mike

southspark - February 5th, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Sorry I didn't specify NOS status but I only keep good shit. That is what I got for them ,the long ones were splitty ones.
If you still need a set I may have some s/h ones but Ill have to look through more boxes I haven't touched for ten years !

Paul

psimitar - February 5th, 2017 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by southspark
Sorry I didn't specify NOS status but I only keep good shit. That is what I got for them ,the long ones were splitty ones.
If you still need a set I may have some s/h ones but Ill have to look through more boxes I haven't touched for ten years !

Paul

No worries man. If you do happen to look for any s/h ones I'd much appreciate it but I know looking thru old boxes isn't a fun way to spend time :)

Cheers,
Mike

grumble - February 6th, 2017 at 01:03 AM

Whitworth a boating might be able to get you out of trouble, from memory the arms are adjustable for length too.

BlasterTheRedBajaBug - February 6th, 2017 at 06:20 AM

I have a set and planned on getting new shiny ones but they are on a 67 so I don't know if they would fit?

psimitar - February 6th, 2017 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BlasterTheRedBajaBug
I have a set and planned on getting new shiny ones but they are on a 67 so I don't know if they would fit?

From what I know VW used a 6mm shaft up until 1970 IIRC. Hence yours should fit. Are they the fully stainless ones or is the shaft hub painted? Cheers