Board Logo

WTB: Short Type 4 Manifolds & Linkage for Dells.
Hutcho - October 29th, 2008 at 07:42 PM

Hi there,
Anyone have or know who has these for sale? Let me know asap, please!
Cheers,
Steve

Hutcho - October 29th, 2008 at 07:43 PM

I have a pair of excellent short Type 1/3 if youd like to swap or money adjust?!
Steve

66deluxe - October 29th, 2008 at 07:51 PM

Are we doing a type 4 to type 3 conversion? If so i would recomend get the CB performance manifolds and cutting out a section and rewelding, i have a pair of short manifolds that i got from V force, not CB, they are perfect in height but the mating surface to the head is just to big and you need to install longer studs to the outside holes, and then remove metal from the stock tinware around the intake ports. As for linkage get a CSP bell crank style for the porsche fan conversion i got mine through CIP1 and they are outstanding in terms of quality and craftmanship.

Damo.

Hutcho - October 29th, 2008 at 08:17 PM

Thanks Damo,
Was going to go that route with the Notch. Even had a pair of tall manifolds (but sold them I think) to suit but changed my mind and fitted an EJ20 instead. The manifolds and linkage are for my 914 1.7ltr. Im going to use a pair of 36 Dells till I go through and rebuild the FI.
Cheers,
Steve

66deluxe - October 30th, 2008 at 02:58 PM

ok no worries, you can use the normal CB manifolds and linkage for the 914 engine bay heaps of room, have you at least changed the cam in the 1.7? a cam change in a type 4 can bring over 15% increase in both torque and hp alone.