Board Logo

Tyres what is a good brand any good places to buy from in Sydney
Gary L - March 8th, 2009 at 05:02 PM

Tyres what is a good brand any good places to buy from in Sydney:no:

greedy53 - March 8th, 2009 at 06:42 PM

mate any tyre joint or vw repairer try vintage or classic they sponsor this forum and can steer you in the right direction

vw54 - March 8th, 2009 at 06:49 PM

if you want stock then go 4 michelein

but ther abot 350 each

other wise any othe 165 15 tyre are all pretty good cause you wont be dont 140 plus klms per hr

satori - March 8th, 2009 at 09:29 PM

I am stripping my type 3, has 2 almost new tyres on it, not sure of brand but cost over $200 for both, will sell them with rims for $100

68AutoBug - March 8th, 2009 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary L
Tyres what is a good brand any good places to buy from in Sydney:no:

Hi,
I have Hankook Centrum K702 165 x 15 tyres
and they seem OK...
Most tyre places would have them...
Check on Bob Janes website..

You can get cheaper chinese tyres...??

Michelins have gone to the EXPENSIVE market these days

cheers

LEE

beetleboyjeff - March 8th, 2009 at 09:41 PM

I had TOYOs for quite a few years, and found them quite good, but a bit succecptable to damage on building sites. I am now running GOODYEARS am quite happy with them.

colonel mustard - March 8th, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I love Federal tyres as a performance tyre. They put them on SP23's and they just feel... awwesomeeee.

lauzboy - March 8th, 2009 at 10:56 PM

wherein syd are u?

ive had toyos, sumitomis, and now maxxis. all have been pretty good and good longevity plus great grip and low tyre roar

donn - March 9th, 2009 at 04:16 AM

On my Soob I run Bob Jane all rounders, do the job realy well at a good price and I think (will have to check if this is still true) they are made in the land of Oz. been using them for years but I tend to tread fairly carefully on the road so can't speak on performance.

greedy53 - March 9th, 2009 at 05:05 AM

i have using the black sorta round things that i found in the carpark at woolworths nobody seemed to want them they were everywhere just needed a jack and a 4 head wheel brace

Gary L - March 9th, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Thanks will try Bob Jane and Jacks have some good specials on might get some Michelin's if not I will buy something maybe Toyo had them before
Ohh by the way no luck at my local Coles they only sell food nobody was willing to hand over some tyres

Regards