Board Logo

bumper bars wanted
kombivw - March 19th, 2009 at 05:40 AM

Anyone got these for sale?

vw54 - March 19th, 2009 at 06:03 AM

what Eddies 54 or my blue 56 next to it

thats an OLD pic from VW Nats at Parklea

kombivw - March 19th, 2009 at 06:12 AM

Certainly is. You remember what year? Like that style bumper and want to fit on my project. Will take the wheel toolbox to if got one going cheap lol

vw54 - March 19th, 2009 at 06:21 AM

dont remember the year but its between 1990 and 1997 as we moved the show to Fairfield in 1998

I always took my Oval out there

I actaully painted Ed cars, the Tabacco Brown colour it was a great buy and went to NZ the bumpers on Eds car were actually NOS no holes drilled as with a lot of other items on the car

as for the bumpers find some old origional german ones or even some asussie ones and have them straightened n re chromed they will be the best the copies you buy tese days are crap and bend when your looking at them

As for teh toolbox you can get repro ones fora few hundred now days not bad copies but if you wan torigional be prepeare to pay $1500 USD up

we had great fun in those days tracking down parts n travelling to LAX for the shows

kombivw - March 19th, 2009 at 06:41 AM

So you are involved with the actual show then. That picture was taken when Patricks Kombi came second. 1st was a Microbus 62 and totally original and immaculate (think was only ever driven to and from shows). Patricks never stood a chance as never had original engine in and the inside is home made camper fitted. Tho the carpentry work and finish inside is fantastic. I cant remember myself what year it was but pretty sure was 95. Patrick still uses that bus daily, though has now moved to Queensland. If find any more pics will post.

vw54 - March 19th, 2009 at 07:00 AM

Quote:

So you are involved with the actual show then.

well i actually started it and still run it does that mean i am involved :lol::lol::!:

kombivw - March 19th, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I guess it does lol
Well hope to catch up on 24th May at Fairfield. I am pretty sure I attended the Nats somewhere further west very early on in its History. Was that correct, my memory seems to be fading with the years.

vw54 - March 20th, 2009 at 05:34 AM

yep we held the VW Nats at Hawkesbury Ag colledge now uni of west sydney from 88 to 90 3 years

kombivw - March 20th, 2009 at 06:08 AM

Now its come back lol Just needed that slight hint :- )