Board Logo

F/S: NEW! early throwout bearing, 1600tp engine bits, type 3 bits
bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:05 PM

New, still in box. should suit 61 to 70.

To my surprise, it didn't fit the throwout guide tube in my 1600 kombi box, and found out it was the wrong component. WILL TRADE FOR NEW LATE MODEL

$30 (save $10)

Name: Chris Leete.
pm for details or if interested.

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:10 PM

Off my semi auto. in great working condition, complete.

Before i stripped the car apart, i was locking up my rear end with the handbrake around corners in the turf. :) It proves something!

Slave cylinders don't look too old, no leaks. however, backing plate and drums are oxidised. Can wire wheel and paint up for another $50 in grey hammer coat.

These are surplus to my needs after upgrading to type 3 rear drums.

Name: Chris Leete.
pm for details/more info/contact.

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:13 PM

I'm after the tin for both the top and bottom of the heads. [Not the heater box tin though]

I'm willing to repaint them. as long as they are straight, no cracks or creases/dints/holes, i'm keen.
regards,
Chris.

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:16 PM

No bearing noise, shaft play from what i'm aware of.
Working condition.

Also have other type 3 components, including fan shroud, fan, crank pulley and nut.

regards,
Chris

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:25 PM

This is from a motor i bought quite a while ago, it was from a kombi.
I stripped it down, the bottom end was not bad, but was in need of a rebuild. Particularly after noticing there were wasp nests in the combustion chamber.

I was going to rebuild this, but have found another satisfactory long block with less work involved. the following are all vw standard.

1600 case. $40 ( no cracks. might need align bore, i don't know)

Cam: $20 (great condition)

Flywheel: $10

Conrods: $20 the set

Dual port heads: $20 a side. come with rockers and cover. Will need new valves, and a die grinder tidy up in the combustion chamber, not a nice smooth surface. No visible cracks though. I was going to reuse these, but now have another set.

Crankshaft: $10 (requires a keyway repair, and a repair to the dowelling for the flywheel. it was once an 8 dowel, someone filled in 4 terribly, and the 4 remaining are loose.

Barrels, $5 a piece. The pistons it case with were cheese, but these look alright. these haven't got any groove or wearline u can feel. oh course, need a rehone for another set of pistons.

Seller: Chris.
pm for contact or more info/questions etc.

trade accepted.

Pumba - September 7th, 2009 at 04:36 PM

Chris does it have the petrol pump???

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:39 PM

sure i got it around somewhere. i will have a look.
I don't know what condition its in. it wasn't blocked off, and the motor appeared to be sitting in the weather.

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 04:40 PM

Yes i do have it. its solid, one piece, no cracks / dints, and shaft inside still moves up and down.

Pumba - September 7th, 2009 at 05:07 PM

Got a picture??? im also chasing a good 009 dizzy.

bajachris88 - September 7th, 2009 at 05:41 PM

will get a photo. (camera flat)
it did come with an oo9 dissy. it was full of those wasp nest mud things.
SO for full confidence...
A matter of new rotor, cap, bottom oil seal, and points, and it still works out cheaper than a brand new one, if ur interested. They aren't hard to rebuild, can do it in a matter of a morning. Reconditioned and good 'as' new.

Pumba - September 7th, 2009 at 07:53 PM

Chris PM me some photos of both the pump and dizzy,i have all the parts for the dizzy,let me know what $$$$ you want for them cheers shane.

bajachris88 - September 8th, 2009 at 08:08 PM

bumpity.
sorry i ahven't got the photos yet shane, busy day mate. I will get around to it. my appologies.

Pumba - September 8th, 2009 at 08:41 PM

No worrys cheers shane.