Board Logo

Microbus Deluxe: Chrome ended pull handles, black plastic inserts for chrome...
firewalker - March 1st, 2010 at 06:41 PM

The restoration continues.

I am now looking for some parts for my Low Light Microbus Deluxe Kombis.

Three chrome ended pull handles. Each handle has a rubber pull handle that has a metal band inside the rubber and the metal band is riveted to the plastic chrome ends that are then screwed to the door card. Hope I have explained this adequately. The important thing here is that the ends are still riveted to the metal band and that the chrome plastic ends are not split. Many are split and detached rendering them next to useless.

The other items I am looking for are the plastic inserts that accompany the cast chrome door lock surrounds. There are many types of these for beetles and so on however the ones I am looking for go inside the deluxe surrounds. I need two or better still three.

Lastly we are missing the black vinyl covered ash tray container that goes inside the ash tray pressed housing. This is unique to the deluxe. The normal housing is painted black and of a different size. The item needed is the ash tray itself that goes into the back of the middle seat.

Can any one help please?

PS. Also looking for three fixing devices for the plastic spare wheel cover that goes in the back of the microbus. The item I am looking for screws into the board next to the vertical positioned wheel cover, goes through the cover and then twists to lock. Any takers?