Board Logo

FS-Qld: Type 3 squareback popout windows & 1600 beetle/kombi extractors
mitchellgolds - August 27th, 2010 at 01:08 PM

I have a pair of type 3 squareback popout windows, the rubbers are perished and would need replacing but everything else looks good. $50 is what I paid for them so that's what I would like back.

Also a set of 1 5/8" 1600 extractors which I bought for my 69 kombi, but they dont clear the engine cross member. They have been painted black only to prevent rust, it is not exhaust paint on them. I cant remember what I paid for them but I will be happy with $50 and the extra shed space

Name: Mitchell
Contact: mitchellgolds@gmail.com or PM here (prefer email though)
I dont usually have time to get to the post office after work so pick up is prefered or you can arrange a courier if you would like.

vwsteve - August 27th, 2010 at 01:37 PM

mate if you come to brisbane anytime soon i will give you $50 for the exhaust?

Aussie Dubbin - August 27th, 2010 at 01:51 PM

Postage for the pipes to Adelaide??? Can you or someone else tell me about what happens when i put an exhaust that is too big on my standard donk??? I need an exhaust but dont want to biy one now and then aanother one as i do up my engine???

50$ sounds pretty good

Calcool - August 27th, 2010 at 08:33 PM

The exhaust looks neat on your Kombii, what did you go with? I am looking for an extractor system for my 69 Kombi.

Cheers,

David

mitchellgolds - August 28th, 2010 at 02:05 PM

vwsteve: I will be going up to brisbane on saturday the 11th, so if you can wait a couple of weeks I can bring them up.

Aussie Dubbin: If vwsteve doesn't take them I can get a quote for you to send them to adelaide, but as I said in the first post it could be a while before I am able to make it to the post office due to my work hours.

Calcool: Here is a bit of a pic of the set up I have. This exhaust had flanges to bolt to a set of heat exchangers which I cut off and made up some clamp on J-pipes, I also cut off the old flange for the tailpipe and welded a new one on for the new tailpipe I made up. I bought this second hand and there is no brand name marked on it anywhere.
Cheers Mitchell

DylanTheDubber - August 29th, 2010 at 02:58 PM

P.M Sent!!

vwsteve - August 29th, 2010 at 05:26 PM

no worries mate, sat the 11th is fine by me,cheers, 0409475131