Board Logo

WTB 944 trailing arms
Yogie - July 8th, 2011 at 07:32 PM

I am after a set of early steel Porsche 944 trailing arms and the spring plates to go with them. Does anyone have a set they want to get rid of? I am willing to pay for shipping to Brisbane if needed.

Yogie

Sides - July 8th, 2011 at 07:34 PM

You realize that 944 steel arms are exactly the same as IRS beetle... yeah ??? It's just the spring plates that are different cos they're adjustable.

Also there's no early or late with the steels... it's just the alloy arms that vary between years.

STIDUB - July 8th, 2011 at 08:02 PM

ahh but sides, did you know some spring plates/arms have different bolt locations dual spring plates/arms arent interchangable with single i discovered

yogie, when you have them, see my soon to be updated thread for a fitting option that doesnt involve hacking up the rear shock/body mount :tu:

Yogie - July 8th, 2011 at 08:57 PM

Thanks Stidub, I will check it out although they will be going on a ghia, it will be pretty much the same I am sure.

Sides, I asked for early mostly to point out they are not the alloy ones from the later (post 85.5 year model) 944 models. Late 924 turbo arms are the same as well so if anyone has them, that would do too. I know they are the same as the beetle but wanted to get a set with the spring plates to make sure it all matches with no hiccups just in case.

Cheers

Yogie

1303Steve - July 9th, 2011 at 08:40 AM

Hi

The 944 steel arm is the same as the single spring plate steel arm on a 72 and later bug, I've heard that they do have extra reinforcing, I don't know if that is true.

They do however have an extra hole in the spring plate and trailing arm for wheel alignment. You can see it in the photos below of my sons rear brakes.

Steve

Yogie - July 10th, 2011 at 03:41 PM

Thanks for the extra info and photo Steve. Nobody has a set of these they want to sell?

Yogie

barls - July 10th, 2011 at 05:15 PM

try richard at vforce mate, he may ether have a set or know where to acquire a set.

Yogie - July 10th, 2011 at 07:03 PM

Cheers Barls. Can you PM me a contact number for Richard?

Yogie

Menangler - July 10th, 2011 at 08:35 PM

I know of a set not being used, I will see if they are 4 sale.

Yogie - July 11th, 2011 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Menangler

Thanks Menangler

CH5353 - July 11th, 2011 at 05:57 PM

Hi
I have got some, also backing plates with caliper mounts,
Calipers, both types, steel sliding or brembo
PM me
John

Menangler - July 11th, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yogie
Quote:

Thanks Menangler

Sorry, He is keeping them for another project.

Yogie - July 12th, 2011 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yogie
Quote:

Thanks Menangler

Sorry, He is keeping them for another project.

Thanks anyway.