Board Logo

WTB (QLD) - Type 3 Wide 5 Rear Brakes
Smiley - July 10th, 2011 at 02:52 PM

Hey all

I'm looking to do an IRS conversion on my Baja. And I'd love to get some Type 3 Wide 5 rear brakes to put on it.

I'm chasing everything required for the conversion -

-drums
-backing plates
-springs, clips, plates etc from under the drum.

Wheel cylinders and shoes aren't so important as I'll buy new ones.

I'm located in Yeppoon, Central Queensland

Post reply, PM me on here or
Phone Daniel on 0488572493

Thanks

Smiley :cool:

ancientbugger - July 10th, 2011 at 05:25 PM

Hey Smiley, check out Dune buggy and baja adventures website 'cos Mike Sharp has the complete set up for sale,
Barry

P.S. He's in Toowoomba Qld.

Calcool - July 11th, 2011 at 09:57 AM

Why not just put a wide 5 rear disc set up on, all new for under $500 from Classic Veedub.

Otherwise you can use all the hardware from any type 3 for backing plates shoes springs clips etc and then buy new drums, they are available from parts shops from time to time they are danish made I beleive.

Cheers,

David

Smiley - July 11th, 2011 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Calcool
Why not just put a wide 5 rear disc set up on, all new for under $500 from Classic Veedub.
David

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think these kits are ADR approved and therefore not legal?

grumble - July 11th, 2011 at 06:27 PM

I have a couple of sets of type 3 4 stud rear brakes if you need them.PM if interested

Smiley - July 11th, 2011 at 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grumble
I have a couple of sets of type 3 4 stud rear brakes if you need them.PM if interested

Thanks a heap for the offer Grumble, but I'm really chasing the 5 stud if possible.

Calcool - July 12th, 2011 at 09:32 AM

I think you are going to have to get a mod plate when you do the IRS conversion anyway, and you should get the brakes approved while you are at it, the type 3 wide 5 rear drum will have to have the cone machined down too so it will fit on your stub axle! Not exactly a bolt on job. Believe me I have done it myself.

Cheers,

David

11CAB - July 12th, 2011 at 10:23 AM

The drum only has to be machined if you're putting them on short axles

Smiley - July 12th, 2011 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 11CAB
The drum only has to be machined if you're putting them on short axles

I'm changing to IRS in a few weeks.

Pete - July 13th, 2011 at 07:01 AM

I have a pair of brand new type 3 drums in stock if you want them...... wide 5 pattern