Board Logo

Complete Seal Kits?
vwkj87 - May 26th, 2010 at 07:58 PM

Does anyone know or recommend where i should get an entire new set of body/window seals for my Bay. I'm looking for good price, domestic or international, not necessarily german made parts.

Also do all window seals come w/groove for moulding? as i'm happy without.

Thanks.

grumble - May 26th, 2010 at 08:02 PM

Micks Motors have all of the rubbers ,good quality and not a bad price.

vw54 - May 27th, 2010 at 07:31 AM

Vintage Vee Dub 02-9789-1777 can supply all your needs any way you want with or without grooves one seal or all at a time

what ever yr budget will allow shipping over night if u wish

vwkj87 - June 2nd, 2010 at 06:31 PM

Thanks. I'll start getting some prices.

Ampdub - June 18th, 2010 at 01:19 PM

check the sponsors, some doing some good deals on rubbers

helbus - June 18th, 2010 at 06:27 PM

Be wary of your prices and quality associated with the relationship between the two. I have thrown a few seals in the bin over the years, and recently replaced a few because I am not impressed with poor quality.

What exactly are you after, just a cheap price?

baykruzer - June 23rd, 2010 at 04:11 PM

Mate if your on the gold coast give jamie @ kustom kombi a call PH 0414 857 259.
He is based at labrador.
Jamie only stocks good gear and will not sell cheap stuff.I've bought a couple of sets from him.

Cheers glen

flipflopsurfer - June 26th, 2010 at 08:10 AM

All the guys on the samba rate the german seals from oeveedub.com as the best for bays. I've found the ones from Roy and Micks motors to stiff to get in and the ones from wcm and ww are to thin and don't fit the recess properly. They seal well, but as I didn't paint my bus, you can see a 2 tone line all around the window recess.

mike malli - June 27th, 2010 at 01:46 AM

Go for quality, cheap seals tend to end up in the bin, because they don't fit or are a bastard to fit so glass breakage occurs.

Mike

mike malli - June 27th, 2010 at 01:47 AM

Oh, I forgot,even if you get the cheapies in...they than tend to leak so rust develops extra quick

Mike