Board Logo

T3 Syncro
npk1 - March 3rd, 2011 at 07:43 PM

Just purchased my first T3 Syncro 1989.

I am looking to find someone to fix the diff lock on the rear and install a decoupler to replace the VC and install a diff lock on the front.

So I can get the puppy off road!

I am on the Gold Coast so somewhere in SEQ would be good.

Scottkombi - March 4th, 2011 at 03:41 PM

Go and see Rudi Purkart on Bribie Island.

He is the T3 syncro guru and he shouldnt let you down.

You have chosen your vehicle well - they areawesome.

Cheers,

Scott

npk1 - March 4th, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Thanks for that.

Do you have contact info for Rudi??

Scottkombi - March 9th, 2011 at 09:03 PM

Rudi's details are as follows:

10 Quail Street Bribie Island

Rudi 07 3408 6669

Cheers,

Scott

Ben386 - April 30th, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Rudi seems to be the go for trans and diff probs.
Whats wrong with the rear locker?Generally nothing goes wrong with them except the vaccum actuator gets stuck from lack of use.A squirt of compressed air or even a good lung full off air is enough to free them up.I squirt a lube into them every year.It is important to operate them regulary to stop this.
The decoupler isnt a hard thing to fit.Get a German design type(roller bearings).It doesnt take the place of the VC,a solid shaft does this if you want to get rid of the VC.An agressive VC is almost the same as having a solid shaft.An aggressive VC is a good thing whilst offroading,not so good for parking in a carpark.
Solid shaft vs VC is a whole different argument.
If you want a 4wd vehicle,get a decoupler,ditch the VC and go a solid shaft.(or buy a hilux).
If you want an AWD vehicle keep the VC,get a decoupler and be selectable AWD.
These vehicles are amazing and will go just about anywhere.There is not to many around with front lockers,unless you are going to do some sort of competitions,I dont rekon you need one.
89 Trakka,decoupler,rear lock now Subaru powered.