Board Logo

anyone have a fast back Deck lid
Peanut_finger - April 14th, 2009 at 07:25 PM

Does anyone know where i can get a deck lid for a 72 fastback?

Are they the same for all three types? fasty, squares and notchies

i have brought one in sydney and the previous owner has lost the cover. its the cover that sits above the engine in the rear boot.

VW-VARIANT-L - April 16th, 2009 at 07:23 AM

Bit confusing, but assume you wanting the engine cover ie. " its the cover that sits above the engine in the rear boot".
The engine covers will fit between all years and models, but they are different. Some have centre clips to hold the cover up when open, while the squareback has a strap, not important unless you are wanting to be 100% original. You will have to find good second hand from a wrecker.

vw54 - April 16th, 2009 at 11:42 AM

if you mean the engine cover then call Vintage 9789-1777 they wrecked a Fastback the other week

Peter_D_C - April 16th, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VW-VARIANT-L
Bit confusing, but assume you wanting the engine cover ie. " its the cover that sits above the engine in the rear boot".
The engine covers will fit between all years and models, but they are different. Some have centre clips to hold the cover up when open, while the squareback has a strap, not important unless you are wanting to be 100% original. You will have to find good second hand from a wrecker.

Not so. Some year models have different sized 'tabs' that slide into the body. No biggy, you can just grind them back to fit, as everything else is the same barring the things mentioned above.

VW-VARIANT-L - April 17th, 2009 at 05:40 PM

Would be interested to know which years have the big or small tabs, will take a closer look at the ones I have, Thanks.

REDKG - April 17th, 2009 at 06:56 PM

fitted a '73 one to my '67 without modifying

V-Dubber - April 26th, 2009 at 10:42 AM

PM sent mate