Board Logo

67 fasty seats *Wanted*
satori - May 14th, 2009 at 06:21 AM

Gday all. I am in need of some seats for a 67-68 fasty that im buying. Prefer white but any color will do. Would have to be low back fronts. Im located in the sydney region but would be willing to pay for postage if are interstate.

Thanks

GTMac - May 14th, 2009 at 02:34 PM

Chris I will keep my eye open for a set. Have seen prob half a dozen since Ive owned the Fasty but never wanted them, but would be perfect for what you are planning with it.

Ask Dallas (1500S) he is a good source of Type 3 stuff and ask him about the graveyard of Type 3's in old wrecker near his place (Penrith area from memory), may be able to sort something there.

Andrew

1500S - May 14th, 2009 at 09:37 PM

Not much around in the scrap yards these days! Have you tried Peter at Riverstone? It's a dust bowl inside but at least the seats are out of the weather if he has some.. Autobreakers would only be junk as all is old weather beaten stuff and not worth looking at.

I think Eddie had some at Barnawartha when I was there in January but he's back in Germany now so that's no help!

Best to just get good frames and get new covers to fit from Vintage or some local supplier

I might go for a drive to Rivo tomorrow and have a look for you.

DH

satori - May 15th, 2009 at 07:45 AM

thanks for that guys. I just got a msg about some seats in penrith which are supposed to be in alright condition. Will check them out today.

davemaleny - May 15th, 2009 at 01:20 PM

have some in bris - bit far thou ??

1500S - May 15th, 2009 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by satori
thanks for that guys. I just got a msg about some seats in penrith which are supposed to be in alright condition. Will check them out today.

Nothing down this way. Have been to Rivo and was a waste of time. In all the years I've been going to that shop (except when it was between businesses) I've never seen it in such a state! Not really a place to recommend for an engine or transmission rebuild. Even the rack with spares is under near an inch of dust....... and then he tried to tell me what a type 3 seat looked like. After 40 odd years in Type 3s I think I may know by now. Arrrghhh, sorry for the rant!

Better check those ones at Penriff Satori!:lol:

DH

satori - May 16th, 2009 at 05:56 PM

Checked out the ones in penrith. Different rail setup. So still looking.......

1500S - May 16th, 2009 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by satori
Checked out the ones in penrith. Different rail setup. So still looking.......

Must have been from the 73 model.

DH

REDKG - May 17th, 2009 at 11:24 AM

i have a pair of black ones from a 67 . will get them out tomorrow and check condition. think maybe a small section of loose stiching on one of them.