Board Logo

Where is the High beam switch
satori - July 14th, 2009 at 08:34 AM

Hey everyone. I am hooking up the electric's and lights on my 68 fasty. Where is the high beam switch on the early type 3's. On my late it is on the blinker assembly, but this one does seem to have that feature.

thanks

1500S - July 14th, 2009 at 09:14 AM

A press button about 30mm long on the end of indicator arm.

DH

satori - July 14th, 2009 at 04:56 PM

Na, mine doesnt have that, mmmmm.

1500S - July 14th, 2009 at 07:21 PM

Should look like this, otherwise someome may have put a foot operated one on the firewall around centre as per earlier Bugs. I've got a spare button BUT you'll have to do a drive down to the low country to pick it up!

DH

bushed - July 14th, 2009 at 07:24 PM

68 the lever should activate a relay when you pull up briskly
maybe worn and not responding 12volt

1500S - July 14th, 2009 at 07:28 PM

Just noticed the 68 model. I think VW aust still used up some of the older stuff on early 68 to get rid of it. Best he takes a pic of his column as it could still be the early type of switch. If it is the later one where the whole arm moves then the contacts could be broken.

DH

satori - July 14th, 2009 at 09:15 PM

Yeah will take photo tomorrow.

1500S - July 14th, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Looking at the pic in your other post you have the early standard 64-67 column/indicator assembly which should have the dimmer button on indicator arm as I posted in pic previously. You are quite welcome to drop down and get the button from me. If you slip the assembly off the column and bring it with you we could fit the wires into the arm. Will be away at Tamworth over the weekend but any time before or after will be fine.

GH

satori - July 15th, 2009 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1500S
Looking at the pic in your other post you have the early standard 64-67 column/indicator assembly which should have the dimmer button on indicator arm as I posted in pic previously. You are quite welcome to drop down and get the button from me. If you slip the assembly off the column and bring it with you we could fit the wires into the arm. Will be away at Tamworth over the weekend but any time before or after will be fine.

GH

Thanks for that mate. I'll see how I go as im moving down to adelaide in 2 weeks and am very booked up getting everything ready.