Board Logo

Fuel...
Doctor - August 28th, 2009 at 02:06 PM

Its been a long time since ive owned a type 3, the last time i had one i could run it on Super.....

I have flashube at home because dads car uses it with its gas system, should i be using this when i run the Dub now?

What sort of mix should i be using?

Cheers

Scarab - August 28th, 2009 at 06:52 PM

Awesome question doctor!!....I've only just bought a type 3 too, and was wondering the same thing.
I probably wont be using it till the engine is rebuilt, so it would be good to hear what people think about mods to the engine to accomodate what fuel is available these days.
Any help guys?

grumble - August 28th, 2009 at 07:00 PM

I would suggest premium unleaded and a flashlube injector system,we run these on most of our vehicles.Just fill the bottle and drive,no working out the number of litres to the amount of additive.Burnt pistons and receded valves aren't pretty.

Doctor - August 28th, 2009 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grumble
I would suggest premium unleaded and a flashlube injector system,we run these on most of our vehicles.Just fill the bottle and drive,no working out the number of litres to the amount of additive.Burnt pistons and receded valves aren't pretty.

Ok, what sort of money am i looking to have this installed? Who in Adelaide can do it?

the incredible polk - August 31st, 2009 at 10:44 AM

this http://www.geocities.com/vwresource/leaded