KO 561
pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 07:13 PM

hope this is where my cb should be !

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 07:51 PM

the ugly duckling!

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 07:58 PM

more now with no bars ,lo0ks heaps better:lol:

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 08:02 PM

better day by day ,the ugly duckling is starting to look a bit more cosy!

Craig Torrens - March 27th, 2008 at 08:09 PM

this is the right spot............but you should resize your pics down to about 100kb.

ztnoo - March 27th, 2008 at 08:54 PM

pez,
Looks like you have a fair amount of work ahead of you, but you are certainly starting with something that is worth restoring.
I think taking the massive roll bars off the vehicle really cleans up the vehicle, although I will admit they were distinctive and unique. The previous owner must have had a real phobia about potential rollovers. :lol:
With all the other ongoing CB projects, I'm sure the other guys can be a great deal of help to you with any specific questions that come up.
Where are you located?
Is your CB on Bill Moore's CB Register?

Regards,
Steve

decked dubby - March 27th, 2008 at 08:56 PM

Great looking buggy. How long you had it??

BrisDubba - March 27th, 2008 at 08:57 PM

Pez,

What is the story on the buggy- where did you pick it up, what are your plans for a resto.

Do you know the KO number ?

Give us the goss..

Peter

ztnoo - March 27th, 2008 at 09:12 PM

Hey Peter, being the dim bulb Yank I am, I had to go the my online dictionary of Aussie slang.....and couldn't come up with anything.
"Give us the goss" .......I have no clue what this means.....other than if that is a typo/keystroke error........then I have an idea. ;)
Set me straight and enlighten me.

Regards,
Steve

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 09:13 PM

Hi i've had it for 2 weeks and knew about it at the same property 26 years ago and by luck came across it 26 years later ,thinking it would of been long gone but no it was there waiting in the shed all this time !
its a goer ,its not as rusty as the photo's make it look its been (lol) maintained with red oxide primer here and there and it was a shooting wagon in the bush ,thats why so many roll bars to lean on ,
its on bill's registar ,as in goulburn still!
i have 8 projects on the go but this was too good to leave there so i got it ,also hence no shed room and the tarp for the time being !
thanks for the help navigating me with threads and photo's etc
i'm getting it worked out (lol)
jason

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 09:16 PM

it has every thing except the front bar , ihave the roof (soft) and bows etc

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 09:17 PM

it means( GOSSIP!) the story

BrisDubba - March 27th, 2008 at 09:23 PM

Jason,

Good pick up, so what is the KO ?

Steve

Give us the goss - short for Give us the gossip - just another one of those slang sayings.

Peter

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 09:28 PM

ko 561

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 09:32 PM

i didn't buy it to sell it and not that i want to sell it but if it was 1 project to much ,i have 7 started and only 1 finished ,what do you think it would be worth ??

BrisDubba - March 27th, 2008 at 09:52 PM

What are the mechanicals like- still have the reduction rear end and CB front, the more original the parts the better the value - but as for price, not enough pics to give an accurate price but I guess 2K would be good money if it was as stated...

But that is just a guess..

pezzano - March 27th, 2008 at 10:40 PM

its all complete and original running gear not played with except the paint job ,roll bars on rear bar and about 4 areial holes

ztnoo - March 28th, 2008 at 09:33 AM

jason,
Does your Buggy have the original "F" series motor?
That would make it worth more after a restoration, IMO.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for your CB?
I don't mean to be intrusive or overly nosy, I just like to try to keep tabs on what that market is.
These CB's don't come up for sale everyday, so I'm just trying to get a handle on sale pricing and "comps" (comparable sales....from real estate) that relates directly to "value".
The fact you have "the roof (soft) and bows etc" also adds to the value. Most CB'S "lost" those items long ago.

I think you have the foundations for a really nice stock restoration, if that is the direction you plan to take. If you have something else in mind, that's fine, but it may not be worth as much to a potential buyer.
Since you have all or most of the stock bits and pieces, I would strongly encourage you to restore your CB as stock........or if that is not the direction of your efforts, make those stock items available to purchase here @ AVD CB forum.
Those parts could bring you some nice "bucks", as we say in the USA......i.e. $$$$.

Peter & Jason......thanks for the translation. :lol:
I thought maybe you meant "Give us the goods"....meaning "tell us the story".......so I was close in my interpretation......just not quite on the mark with the right word.
English is THE global lingo.....but, by God, there are regional variations!!!
Thanks to the both of you for providing adequate voltage to light my cranial element.

I love this forum....you guys are THE BEST!

Regards,
Steve

kombi1976 - April 21st, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hi Jason,
You told me about it when I dropped in with my lad last week and I've finally found the CB.
Very nice.
I'll have to drop round your place when I'm up your end of town and have a closer look at it.
As I said before, fix any rust, take off the standard front and rear suspension, tranny and engine and put it in a safe place should the day come to sell it.
Pop a 1641cc with Type3 swingaxle box in for better highway legs.
Then go straight axle on the back, a narrowed & adjustable front beam with drop spindles and put it in the weeds with a set of Radars or Sprintstars.
Oh, and keep the OG paint as much as possible.
That way it goes rat and low now and if the day comes to sell or you really want a stock ride you can return it to standard.
BTW, did you tell everyone here what colour you were thinking of spraying it when you first got it home........??
Andy the Kombi guy

P.S. Have you posted pics of your nice OG Beetle and Volksrod on here?

pezzano - April 23rd, 2008 at 08:30 PM

No pic's ,Not yet anyway thanks andy ,you get around don't you, your eyes are everywhere ,lol !
it would look hot on the deck,hey (the flying match box ):lol:
i'm not sure what to do!
you seen my work shed ,what a shit fight ,too many projects ,they are all good and sexy in there own way ,but just to much work everywhere!
ohh did i also mention the word (WIFE) lol
i'am going to talk to you about the 3 of them i think , 1-2-and 3 unfortantly may have to go to greener pastures (sheds) or Ebay! so i can finish the other ones before i go crazy:dork: or get cancer :( or something like that !
times are a getting away and i'm getting no where !

pezzano - April 23rd, 2008 at 08:38 PM

(reduction) rear end