Board Logo

KO 114
58camper - May 15th, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Finally KO 114 is on the road and registered under NSW Conditional Registration.
The story of the vehicle is a good one. I purchased it almost 4 years ago after the vehicle had sat in a shed on a farm property in the Hunter for 18 years. The vehicle was a one owner ( I am the second) and had never been registered. The car had only ever been used on the farm until 1987 when it was replaced by a 4WD Toyota of some sort. The speedo shows 3500 miles odd but the former owner says it only worked for 8 years or so and he reckons it "might" have another 7000 or 8000 miles maximum. In looking at the vehicle you can attest to this. It is clearly the most orignal,unmolested Country Buggy I have seen.
It needs some decent detailing and scrubbing underneath. It does have scratches and a couple of very minor dents but overall is in excellent condition. The only rust is some small surface spotting where paint has been damaged.
The spare tyre had never been on the car and still had the original sticker. The car comes with the original owners manual issued when the vehicle was new and - yes its a Beetle manual marked up to record the Country Buggy engine and chassis number details.
Whilst it sat in the farm shed for the 17 years, the prior owners tells me that he fired it up regularly every three months or so and changed the oil every 5 years.
Who says they dont exist........
countrybuggybill

squizy - May 15th, 2009 at 01:51 PM

Nice find Bill. Love reading stories like this.

kroozzn63 - May 15th, 2009 at 04:56 PM

aah a nice friday arvo story sweet

11CAB - May 15th, 2009 at 05:23 PM

Cool, nice score

58camper - May 19th, 2009 at 09:20 AM

Here are a couple of additional photos following the application of some polish and other cleaning materials as part of the first overall clean the vehicle has had in 21 years.
The rear tray is the worst area for paint and it needs repainting to cover up the damage done by sheep's blood over the years. I was really pleased with the way it cleaned up.:cool:

cb john - May 19th, 2009 at 02:14 PM

:tu:

CB CRAIG - May 19th, 2009 at 08:45 PM

Bill i think you should give it away to a good home like mine as i think your bum will look to big in it:lol:just trying to look out for you :D

BrisDubba - May 25th, 2009 at 07:49 PM

Bill,

I had seen your avatar and wondered what that related to. Mine is a green as well but has been painted a different shade (not bad enough to worry about)

Sure looks in good condition, well done

Peter
KO200