Board Logo

been away for a while, what have I missed??
h - May 13th, 2017 at 10:26 AM

hey all,
Been away from here for a bit 🙃
what's been happening in forum land??
cheers Pauly

HappyDaze - May 13th, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Bugger-all!!! :smirk:

waltermitty - May 13th, 2017 at 01:40 PM

its a ghost forum nowdays

h - May 13th, 2017 at 05:57 PM

:(

h - May 13th, 2017 at 05:58 PM

However it is still a great resource to have, research and consult when required

oldskoolguy - May 13th, 2017 at 06:48 PM

G`day h
I understand waltermitty's comment, it is a bit quiet from time to time.
As you said however, it is a great resource, and every now and again there is a good little budget build thread, my favourite.
The Faceslam version is busy but the mood in my opinion is different to the forum, and I'll leave it at that!
Cheers, Rob.

bajachris88 - May 13th, 2017 at 09:24 PM

Certainly worth keeping the forum; its a repository of a lot of advice and tried/tested stuff.

I like the facebook version... but miss the 'build diaries' to which I believe facebook can't match.

Carl and Emily - May 15th, 2017 at 06:18 PM

Yes,.. we like the build diaries too,.. plus the historical info.

We're guilty of not having much to post.
Our bug project is moth balled at the moment.
And our driver bug needs some work by a certain Mr Berry.
But working hard to save the funds to finish.
So hopefully in the not to distant future our build threads will come alive again.

h - May 23rd, 2017 at 09:45 AM

^ :tu:
I've been doing a bit here n there myself lately on my beach buggy but bugger all really :lol:

vw54 - May 23rd, 2017 at 12:45 PM

H were u been

wombatventures - May 23rd, 2017 at 08:19 PM

Nice to see you back h.
We do seriously need to get back into promoting AVD.I stay away from that facebook crap where there's plenty of crap comments but no real good info.
Is it worth trying to build a get together like the Kombi Club forum have. I know we're all a bit different here than there but AVD is a community.
Kombi's tend to travel, bugs tend to stay a bit closer to home. I talk to other VW owners about AVD as much as I can but many seem to shy away from forums or are in the "age group" where facelessmag is the only form of communication.
I'm the first to admit that sometimes life gets busy and I miss a week or so.