Board Logo

AusPost or USPS theft in transit of parts.
psimitar - April 22nd, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Hello all,

I just thought I'd post on here to see if anyone comes across someone selling Beetle ice pick style door handles for the 56-60 models.

They were bought from a guy on a Facebook page and proof of postage and weight given but the package was tampered with and 4 of the 5 handles were removed from the box.

Now this could have either been a USPS worker or AusPost worker that tampered with the box as the box was re-secured with AusPost tampered with tape at some point once in Australia.

So it could have happened in either country so I'm posting both here and in the Samba forum to see if anyone comes across some ice pick handles being sold to let me know as be nice to try and catch the light fingered bugger who pilfered my hard to find door handles.

Cheers,
Mike

68AutoBug - September 21st, 2018 at 09:15 PM

It was probably just an accident that Your parts came out of the package. I have bought parts from many countries in the last 15 years and never ever had any problems... Many people have No idea how to pack items so they don't get damaged.... or cannot fall out of a parcel.... like place all the parts in a strong plastic bag that is hard to open.... and pack them individually so they cannot rub against each other.... and sharp ends etc..
Lee

REDKG - September 25th, 2018 at 09:06 PM

A few years ago I bought 2 pairs of heated motorcycle grips from England. When the package arrived it was quite obvious that the original bag was much bigger than the current contents and lots of packing tape used to reduce the bag size to accommodate the single pair of grips. I placed a dispute with visa credit card but their documentation proved they had shipped 2 pairs. Items don't fall out of the tough plastic courier bags.