Board Logo

Best tight arse swap meet storiesI
coletrickle - May 7th, 2018 at 10:12 PM

At the pimpama swap 2yrs ago,Had a box of random electrical early bug stuff,a bloke wanted an interior light i had a vgc german one $15,too expensive.I said scratch thru that box i think theres a used brazilian one in there $2 he looks at his missus then back to me and he says how much without the bulb!

grumble - May 8th, 2018 at 09:34 AM

I had a Weber twin carby kit that I was selling for a customer, early in the day a guy comes up looks at the for quite a while, asks the price $500, offers $200 goes away and comes back about 20 times during the day with the same scenario. I go to the toilet and while I was gone he has a couple of visits, my son tells him the same as me the 1st time and the 2nd time he tells him the same price as last time he asked, about 3 o'clock a bloke comes along checks them out and buys the kit, not 10 minutes later the turkey turns up again and goes off his brain because he wanted them, diplomacy reigned and I told him to nick off.

bushed - May 8th, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Had a garage sale and a bloke liked the spotties but didn't have enough cash.
He happened to wear a German Soccer Tee shirt....I said will he trade it in as part payment!

He went home topless and happy with the deal! I was chuffed as I was soccer coach, manager and referee at school, and born in Germanskiland !!... still have it... yes it was a kind of swap meet !

Could say I bought something at my own garage sale...lol

coletrickle - May 8th, 2018 at 05:37 PM

Bushed and grumble,good stories,I'm smiling.

Fossil - May 8th, 2018 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grumble
I had a Weber twin carby kit that I was selling for a customer, early in the day a guy comes up looks at the for quite a while, asks the price $500, offers $200 goes away and comes back about 20 times during the day with the same scenario. I go to the toilet and while I was gone he has a couple of visits, my son tells him the same as me the 1st time and the 2nd time he tells him the same price as last time he asked, about 3 o'clock a bloke comes along checks them out and buys the kit, not 10 minutes later the turkey turns up again and goes off his brain because he wanted them, diplomacy reigned and I told him to nick off.

Where's the like button ...... can't put brains in statutes :lol: