Board Logo

Freight forwarder from US
njg02 - June 19th, 2018 at 09:45 AM

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a freight forwarder from the states?
Weight based preferably.
Thanks.
Neil

binner - June 19th, 2018 at 10:49 AM

my 2 cents.... do not use DB schenker. Fu$&in thieves.

njg02 - June 19th, 2018 at 11:32 AM

OK thanks.

waltermitty - June 19th, 2018 at 04:52 PM

Shipito are amazing cant recommend them enough.

I use Shipito, sooo cheap.

I had 6 items from various US bike shops for a XS yammy tracker build and some ski gear sent to their LA warehouse over the last two months.
Shipping most items from US sellers internally is free to a US address.

Shipito charged me 15 $ to consolidate the 6 packages THROW AWAY THE INVOICES and submit own customs declarations for the sum I nominated.
They then sent it for $69 US to Port Macquarie Via Aussie post? 4 days . Deal.

After Harvey Day you can devalue the items get lower GST cheap shipping and still beat the man.

coletrickle - June 19th, 2018 at 08:18 PM

Edi freight international,i used them to ship nearly 1000kg of v8 stuff from houston to bris,it was only 1650 ish all up,i was pretty happy .Pretty much 1 phone call and it was all sorted.

68AutoBug - September 21st, 2018 at 09:09 PM

I didn't know such a system existed, years ago, I used to buy many things for My Beetle from the USA, from VW shops or ebay etc.... and then I had then sent to guy in the USA [fellow semi automatic owner] and sometimes i had Him just send Me certain items that I wanted... but He got cancer and passed away rather quickly... He then sent Me all the items I had bought. I remember another guy in the USA said He would do the same for Me but I never bought anything else from overseas... Well, until recently when I bought some new parts from the UK [ Heritage ] wheel cylinders and CV joint boots... I have been buying My parts from Australian VW retailers..