Board Logo

interesting suspension items from Brazil
1303Steve - April 29th, 2020 at 08:41 AM

Hi

I found this on another site, check out the Beetle and Bus suspension setups. I think they would be hard to get past our local registration people.

https://imohr.com.br/en/products/1 

hulbyw - April 29th, 2020 at 09:23 AM

Looks similar to Mendeola. Would be great but agree likely not legal for the road in Oz

karmann141 - April 29th, 2020 at 10:57 PM

Totally different to Mendeola. We have imported 2 sets front and rear after checking with our engineer. These are the only double A arm suspensions that will pass in Aus as it uses the original Beetle ball joint spindle.
I'm fitting it to my 61 Ghia and a friend to his 60 Beetle.
As mentioned totally different to Mendeola - very well made and iMohr were able to supply all drawings and specs and welding codes required by the engineer.

HappyDaze - April 30th, 2020 at 08:46 AM

Certainly some impressive-looking stuff there.

All the suspension changes in the world won't make up for not knowing how to drive a vehicle with a big heavy lump behind the back axle, though ;).

karmann141 - April 30th, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Very TRUE however the old Beetle was never designed to have 10 times or more the original power and the torsion bar /swing axle suspension leaves plenty of room for improvement, especially around corners

Camo - May 1st, 2020 at 08:50 PM

Wow, some great stuff on there. Went for a quick look and half an hour later :no:

Thanks, Kev

1303Steve - June 22nd, 2020 at 05:32 PM

A guy on another forum that I go to bought some of these suspension components and is a little disappointed

Yogie - June 23rd, 2020 at 08:04 AM

That is very disappointing. What does his engineer say about approving them?

Yogie

1303Steve - June 24th, 2020 at 01:43 PM

The guy that bought them is in the US I think, its on the German Look forum

Flintstones - June 24th, 2020 at 11:40 PM

I would have expected these components to have been TIG welded.
Those welds look terrible! Doesn't look like it's even penetrated through to the parent metal...